Chapter 31

With Mew feeling a little relieved, he tries to engage the younger in a conversation again over dinner. Good thing, he didn’t call Loveaya or he might be going nuts right now. He feels stupid for even considering asking that woman.

Although, the younger still avoids to look at the older’s face, Mew is fine with short responses from Gulf. The younger’s condition is indeed throwing him off the charts.

After dinner, Mew sends the younger to the living room with a mug of warm milk as he cleans the kitchen.

Gulf has finished his milk quickly than he planned and he feels like he wants more. Therefore, he wheels his way towards the kitchen, an empty mug on his lap.

However, the god of clumsiness has befallen on him once again, and he doesn’t know how it happened but he just found himself bumping on one of the big vases and the next thing he knew, the thin mug has shattered on the floor.

Out of instinct, he quickly crouches to pick the broken pieces, he is able to get hold of a piece and he is about to pick the other when a voice exclaims his name startling him on the process, he accidently cuts himself.

“Nong!” Mew panics upon seeing blood on the younger’s finger as he runs to the younger. “Why can’t you be careful?!”

Mew doesn’t intend to raise his voice or sound harsh for that matter. But he lost it when he sees blood and knowing the possibility that Gulf can get hurt, again. He has been a mess the entire day and now this.

“You raised your voice…” Gulf says in a small voice with a scowl on his face and tears brimming on his eyes as he looks at the older.

Mew can’t believe how things are unfolding this way. He finally captured the attention he has been seeking all day, but he feels like he has been punched in the gut seeing the other’s face. He rubs his face with his hands frustratingly as he slightly pushes the younger’s wheelchair to distance themselves from the mess. He then proceeds to kneel in front of the younger.

“Hey hey, I’m sorry…” Mew pleas. “I didn’t mean to. I was just…I panicked.”

“I’m a nuisance, right?  A klutz…I’m a handful…” Gulf utters as tears stream on his cheeks. “Picky. Sensitive…I’m sorry…” He has been keeping it the entire day. He can’t explain how Mew suddenly becomes ugly but aside from that he has been thinking. Or maybe overthinking.

Mew is stunned watching and hearing the other. The familiar clench in his chest whenever Gulf cries is making its presence known again. He can feel it and it is awful. It’s so awful that he feels like he can cry from it.

But before he does, he wraps the younger in a tight embrace. The sobs coming from the younger are like needles piercing in his chest so painfully.

“I’m sorry…I’m sorry…” Mew repeats over and over but it doesn’t calm the guy in his arms so he decides to carry Gulf bridal-style back to the living room and he settles themselves on the couch, placing the younger on his lap, but that’s the least of Mew’s concern.

Mew can feel wetness on the crook of his neck as he cradles Gulf with an arm holding the younger’s legs across his lap and the other on Gulf’s back soothing him.

“Yai nong, please that’s enough. I’m sorry…” Mew keeps on rubbing the younger’s back in hopes to calm him but Gulf also keeps on with his tears, tightening his old on Mew’s shoulders.

The older feels bad for making the younger cry like this. He really messed up.

“Yai nong, you’re not a handful or a nuisance…”