Chapter 13

A wave of nausea jolts Gulf awake and he hurriedly runs to the bathroom. Immediately, he is kneeling and puking his gut out.

While Mew is also awakened by the light commotion since it’s also around the time for the older to wake up. Hearing the noises from the bathroom, he quickly follows the younger after grabbing a glass of water.

“Gulf!”

Frantic, Mew rubs the younger’s back up and down while kneeling beside him as the younger continues to empty his stomach.

“Gulf...”

Mew feels useless that there’s nothing he can do; and for the nth time he can never get used to this.

Silently, he attends the younger until Gulf slumps limply on the bathroom floor after few more minutes.

Mew watches how Gulf leans back on the wall, tilts his head upward as if to hold himself but a lone tear is able to escape onto his cheek.

Again, Mew feels like something is pricking inside his chest. He can’t believe the younger has been suffering like this probably for weeks and he has done nothing but cook, thinking it was enough. What the fuck, Mew.

Before he can stop himself, he envelops the younger in his arms.

“Ssh, it’s okay, nong. I’m here, na.”

“Phi...”

Gulf’s weak voice which almost sounds like a plea doesn’t go unnoticed by Mew. So, the older tightens his hold on the younger until Mew feels arms snaking around him and clutching on the fabric of his shirt as the other guy cries silently.

After their little commotion in the bathroom, Mew immediately tells the younger not to attend his internship yet. But hearing the younger’s ‘I’m fine’ and ‘I’m good’ again, Mew lets him be.

The younger’s stubbornness is topnotch that Mew just wants to pull his hair. They almost argue about the driver but this time Mew has given Gulf no other choice, it’s either Gulf will go with a driver or with Mew. Mew keeps reminding himself to be patient because this Gulf might also be the effect of the pregnancy.

However, aside from sharing a room and random small talks, Mew still notices how the younger is so distant to him and unlike what the doctor has said, Gulf never asks him of anything. He is aware that he can’t keep this up.

He is sick of Gulf’s ‘I’m good’, ‘I’m fine’, and what more his infamous ‘I don’t need anything.’

And indeed, Mew he is pushed in a corner just few days after.

Mew is currently reading a proposal in that afternoon when the ringing of his phone catches his attention. When he notices that it is Gulf’s supervisor whom he secretly asked to keep an eye to the younger and to report to him immediately in any issues, he answers without delay.

“Sam.”

“Good afternoon, sir. It’s about Gulf, he has been vomiting in—”

“Where?!”

Mew quickly runs to his door and approaches the elevator. A passed out Gulf again flashes at the back of his mind and he can’t help but feel scared. He has been anxiously raking his hair with the slow motion of the lift. Damn, why isn’t there a turbo for this thing or something?

When Mew reaches to the younger’s floor, he runs to where the restroom is located and he notices some employees, probably curious with what’s happening, since Mew knew that the supervisor herself is currently attending to Gulf.