Chapter 17

“Yai nong, do you wanna go out today?”

It’s weekend. They just have their lunch and Mew just finished cleaning the kitchen when he chose to join the younger in the living room. Gulf is just sitting still and Mew can guess that few minutes from now the younger will again leave to sleep—something he has done the entire morning already.

Gulf snaps his head from the questions. “Out? Where, Phi?”

“Somewhere fun…?” Mew settles himself beside Gulf.

“It’s okay, Phi. I don’t mind just lazing around.”

Gulf has never called himself lazy, but pregnancy does make him feel it a whole lot. Since his living with Mew, he can’t remember a weekend where he went to hang out.

Not that he has lots of friends, but with Bright and Mild for one: being occupied with assignments—something he can’t relate since his work is manageable—he has no one left to hang with which leads him to number two: he still feels guilty of not telling them anything and he is a little terrified on telling them, so he plans to just bail them at the moment.

He doesn’t want to visit his parents either, at least not yet, because he will just feel bad. He knew they accepted him but still he’s not over with it. Therefore, the safest place is Mew’s side.

“I don’t recall you going out so often, Nong. Let’s go out. It’s weekend.”

“Don’t you have work, Phi?” Gulf asks trying to divert the older’s attention.

Much to Gulf’s awareness, the older has been holed up in his study even in weekends. It surprised him for the first week but he easily got used to it. He eventually concluded that the older is a workaholic businessman. Not that he minds because he himself just sleeps and sleeps, literally.

“I’m free this weekend,” Mew remarks.

Gulf can’t help but gape in surprise at the older. “That’s rich coming from you.”

Mew chuckles upon hearing the other’s response as he glances to him. “Why? Am I that workaholic?”

This time, it’s Gulf’s turn to laugh. “Is that even a question, Phi?”

They laugh together until Mew brings back his aim.

The older leans back resting on the backrest of the couch as he turn to face the younger with his head. “So where to?”

“You’re free for real?” Gulf confirms before he snorts playfully. “And you’re bothering me?”

Mew hums in agreement as he smirks. “I don’t mind bothering you, actually. I’ll have lots of free time from now on.”

Scoffing and shaking his head a little, Gulf replies, “And I do mind. But as far as I remember, you don’t have this much time to laze around.”

Mew flashes a sly smirk. “Are you reprimanding me right now?”

Gulf ignores the other and continues, “And I also heard that your father has postponed his retirement.”

Gulf remembers hearing such information a while back but he always forgets to ask the older.

Mew is quite surprised with Gulf’s query. “Uh, well, it kinda happened that way,” he answers with a hint of hesitation in his voice.

Gulf turns to entirely face the older, legs criss-crossed, arms crossed and a brow into an arch a bit higher. “I’m curious, Phi.”