Chapter 38

I'm so back :)

Instead of going out once again, after the kind of disaster confession, Mew decides to have the foods he cooked from the place he prepared for their dinner delivered.

As much as he wants the younger to see what he prepared, he doesn't want to tire Gulf more since he knows how he just messed things up with his caveman jealousy. Now that his head is clear, he realized how stupid he was for concluding. But then who can really blame him? He doesn't remember kissing a guy friend in the hair. Damn that Vachirawit.

Still, Mew can't believe how idiot he was.

And now, Gulf is looking all flustered, even commanding him to sit beside the younger instead of across from him as they eat which used to be their usual set up because Gulf whines and said: "Because Phi looks at me like that."

And Mew feels like he is a pervert from that statement alone, although he knows that it was not what Gulf meant. How does he look at Gulf , by the way? How can he know? He just...maybe he stares a little too much because the Gulf is stunning as always.

"Yai nong, can't we really sit like how we used to?" Mew feels like they are eating at different tables. It just feels so unnatural. Plus, Gulf is not saying much like usual. Mew can't help but worry with the idea that maybe he ruined what they have.

"Maybe next meal," Gulf simply replies, busy devouring the food, as everything on the table is his favorite.

"Maybe?" Mew's eyes widen in shock as he turns to the younger in a break-neck speed. "What do you mean by that?"

"It means what it means..." Gulf mumbles, focusing on his food, his face about to heat up again. Because he remembers how Mew looks at him as if he is the world. It's too much.

"What? What did I do? So I can't look at you, now? Am I making you uncomfortable?" Mew asks in a slight panic. He knows he is an idiot and selfish. He always has been as his friends say when it comes to relationships or romance or anything related. This field is just making him feel so dumb even though he is trying.

"No...!" Gulf half-yells trying to ease the older because he doesn't like how Mew sounded as he turns to the older's direction, blushing mess when he sees Mew's eyes again so he quickly tears his eyes off the older and goes back to his food.

"I...I just..."

When Mew detects the struggle from the boy, he sighs. Damn. This is why he wants to take things slowly. At some point, he feels like he is imposing his feelings to Gulf which is so wrong in all aspects. But there's no use in brooding over the past. He has to deal with what he has at the moment.

Calming his erratic heartbeat, Mew gently drags the younger's chair closer and turns it to his direction making Gulf yelp in surprise. But still, Gulf avoids looking at him.

"Won't you at least look at me?" Mew says softly, cornering Gulf's knees with his parted ones.

Gulf has his head hung with a heart racing so fast and face getting redder per second because Mew uses that familiar tone again.

Mew holds the younger's wrists with both hands. He can even feel another surge of emotion as he sees both their hands wearing the wedding ring. They haven't taken it from the day of the announcement, as they don't find the need to.

"What is it? How does Phi look at you that makes you like this? I...I will try to change it," Mew coaxes although he has no idea what he is talking about. Above all, he doesn't know how to change the way he looks at the person, especially to Gulf.