Chapter 16

Days after days, the two have fallen into an unspoken routine. And true to his words, Gulf has noticed how Mew has been sticking to him 24/7 and if not, then almost.

And honestly, Gulf never expected himself to be feeling comfortable and used to the older’s presence…yet strangely, he does. He finds Mew’s presence…nice—which honestly surprises him because he never thinks that way.

And so, spending time together has indeed allowed Gulf to appreciate the older’s efforts in working to make him comfortable. Hugging for several times a day which used to be kind of weird turned to have become comfortable little by little. It’s about the warmth he starts craving for.

Mew, on the other hand, has discovered few things about the younger as he keeps on sticking to the other’s side. And surprisingly, the research has proven to be effective. Bit by bit, he has learned to decipher Gulf’s silence; sometimes he even surprised himself by simply knowing the other’s thoughts with no utterance of words.

“Yai nong!”

Gulf tears his attention away from his phone upon hearing the other exclaims. He turns to the older.

“There’s a coffee table.”

With a sheepish smile, Gulf says, “I didn’t notice, Phi.”

Mew can only sigh with a slight shake of his head and in warning tone he utters, “Nong…”

One of the things that Mew discovered on the younger is his clumsiness. He would bump on random furniture from time to time or trip over something, granted no major incidents has transpired but still it worries him to no end.

Gulf only pouts as he flops himself on the couch ready to take his nap—a routine he developed for almost two weeks by the older’s insisting.

And although it’s quite shameful to be slacking in front of the President, Gulf realized it’s way better than Mew sitting with him and holding his hand so he would sleep—something he discovered immediately after his first nap in the same office. Therefore, he has decided to simply follow.

When Mew sees that the other guy is about to lie down, he remembers something.

“Yai nong, we’ll go to the hospital later, na?”

Gulf panics a little as he sits back up and snaps to Mew’s direction.

“Huh? Why, Phi? Is something’s wrong? Is someone hur—?”

“Calm down,” Mew cuts in with a chuckle. “It’s for your check up, Yai nong.”

Gulf blinks, cocking his head on a side. “But I’m okay though.”

Mew sighs. Sometimes, he can’t help but feel like the younger is neglecting his condition although he knows that Gulf is just naïve in this situation. Not that he’s an expert but sometimes he wishes that the younger can be more…curious and informed.

But Mew can also understand where the other is coming from. He can still recall Gulf’s crying face when he confessed how he’s in denial regarding his condition, and it will never fade in his mind.

“Yai nong, pregnant people need regular check up, didn’t you know?”

As if realization hits on Gulf, he blinks rapidly and he clarifies. “Oh…they do…?”

Whenever Gulf’s bambi eyes go rounder as his eyes lit like someone enlightened, Mew can’t just hold himself. If he would ask himself, surely he would answer that it is one of his favorite moments. He can’t help but chuckle.

“You do.”

Gulf stops on his track when they are about to waltz their way through the OB-GYNE section and Mew does the same to check what’s wrong with his company.