Chapter 30

The following day, the younger woke up, extremely grumpy. And Mew feels like he has been treading on a thin ice first thing in the morning. The older can't remember anything unusual yesterday, the younger was just quiet over dinner. Mew even initiated the hug yesterday, noting that Gulf likes it therefore he must provide it, daily.

"Don't show your face to me, Phi. You look ugly," Gulf says as he avoids to look at the older's face, when Mew crouches and is about to carry Gulf to the bathroom.

And Mew has never felt offended all his life that he straightens his back to stand back up. Shock is an understatement. He admits, he is not the most handsome species in the planet. But he has never, not even once, referred as ugly. That is not even an exaggeration but a fact.

Now, how should he react to that? He sure looks flabbergasted while blinking at the frowning younger, still looking anywhere but him.

"I look ugly...?"

Mew feels stupid for verifying. He suddenly feels insecure for being 'ugly', according to the younger, which is a shame because for some weird feeling, he wants to look good for the other or does he? But why?

The older then scoops the younger up upon a little recovery he gained after being called ugly.

Gulf hums in confirmation as he turns to face the opposite direction of the older's face which is quite awkward because he is literally on the older's arms.

Mew settles the younger on the bathroom floor making sure that Gulf is comfortable. However, in the middle of Gulf's business, Mew is about to move to rub the younger's back, only for Gulf to scrunch his face.

"I'm fine, Phi. Don't touch me," Gulf says with a broken voice and teary eyes, which is clearly opposite to his words.

Mew feels something pricks in him upon hearing such plea. He can't help but think if he did something wrong. But he can recall nothing. "What's wrong, yai nong?"

Tears start to stream on the younger's cheeks. "You look ugly."

And Mew has never felt so bad about his face, until that moment. All types of confidence he has gained through the years with his looks have come to be crashed on that day by a beautiful man named Gulf Kanawut. Is he that ugly to the point that Gulf is willing to cry from seeing his face?

"Let me touch you, but just don't look at my face," Mew says with a sullen face.

Gulf continues to be emotional for a while and trying not to look at the 'ugly' face of the older.

On the other hand, Mew feels...bad, but again, he is aware that the younger is sensitive because of the pregnancy. But sadly, he can't control how he feels about it.

After the younger's business in the bathroom, both men silently proceed to their day. And when it is Mew's time to take a shower, he can't help but slowly approach the mirror as if scared what he will see there.

Mew stands as he stares at his face for a whole minute. He feels ridiculous for examining his features but he can't help it.

His eyes. He is always told by people how sexy his eyes are and that they hold this unfathomable depths. Are those people lying perhaps? His high nose...or is it too high? He has been complimented a lot for having such fine jaw. His high cheekbones. His dark and thick eyebrows. Oh fuck. He feels stupid for assessing himself for goodness sake!

Why does he suddenly look ugly?!

Or is he ugly to Gulf from the beginning but only today Gulf has found the guts to say it straight to his face? He remembers how women are flocking around him all his life because they said he is handsome.