001- death & rebirth

'please read this story in a font that allows italics. this represents (y/n)'s thoughts. if this texts isn't italicized, then the font you are currently reading in doesn't support italics.'

NEW MESSAGE FROM
team megumi zoomi :D

team megumi zoomi :DWhere are you?We have a bit of a problem

Where are you?
We have a bit of a problem.

that one hot girl😗✌️
i'm omw
what floor?

team megumi zoomi :D
4th
Take staircase B

—————————————

"alright, what's up?" you had finally reached the floor of the hospital that megumi told you to meet him at. sipping your own, you handed the dark haired boy his usual order of boba. you'd be surprised of the sweet tooth he had.

"we are looking for a special grade cursed object, and you took the time to go get boba?" your best friend asked in a confused tone, rather than reprimanding, which was kind of what you were expecting. you raised an eyebrow and brought the boba closer to him, swirling it around by circling your wrist.

he glanced down at the beverage for a while before asking, "... is it popping boba?" you smiled and nodded, knowing that his secret addiction to the topping would be the only way to get through to him. he begrudgingly took the drink it, holding it with both hands and muttered a thank you.

"now. where's that cute guy with pink starburst colored hair?" raising a relaxed hand over your head, you imitating the way the boy's hair fluffed all over the place.

"he's filling up a bit more papers. his grandfather just died." you nodded and continued to sip on your boba. the two of you weren't exactly new to the idea of death.

"by the way," megumi started, his voice a bit hoarse from speaking before fully swallowing. "did you change your name on my phone?"

"mmhmm." you hummed, lips still on your straw.

"why?"

"huh?" you turned your head towards him. he was genuinely confused by your actions and you were confused by his response. "you literally put my whole government name as my contact."

"what's wrong with that?"

"it's weird."

"it's normal?"

"no, it's federal. even gojo has a nice contact name for me." you rebutted, remembering that your name on your sensei's phone is 'favorite student 💅'

"gojo is a man-child." megumi sighed. he got hit with multiple unwanted flashbacks of his immature guardian. "well since we're changing contact names," he took another sip of his drink before continuing. "take out that team megumi zoomi shit."