025- dreams & nightmares

"remember the first nickname you gave me?"

"of course, wonderboy." you chuckled, placing down a red '2' card. a classic game of uno between you and the pink-haired boy in a blurry, dark, vacant space. it wasn't from his warm charisma, you would have felt the chilling emptiness of the echoey void around you.

itadori sat across from you as his lip quirked at the memory. the day you two met. he was wonderstruck by your abilities, never having seen magic before. the way purple flames sauntered on your fingers. such a dangerous element, yet it was at your beck and call.

"speaking of nicknames..." he placed down a red reverse card.

"would you prefer if i called you princess, or baby?"

gravity was knifed in half as your heart sank at your friend's abrupt voice change. you didn't dare look up from the stack of cards, staring at the interlinking arrows in hope for the answers you knew you wouldn't like.

"or how about my queen?" sukuna suggested, slithering a frigid hand on your thigh. "my wife?"

"what are you doing here?" you were more confused than scared, your voice reflecting that by speaking slowly and clearly. your eyes tip-toed from the cards to sukuna's hand. his sharp nails threatening to pierce your skin. his touch was light, yet forceful.

"i'm doing you a favor, unless you would rather a nightmare from your retched gum."

"trust me, babe, this is a fucking nightmare." you wanted to blast him away, but realizing that you were technically in a dream state, you knew that your powers would not affect him.

he took the cards in your hands and placed them on the table. it gave you the chance to look at your surroundings. the world around you felt like you were watching it through a class cup, everything warped and murky, but your brain could put the pieces together.

sukuna sat on his shrine, you on your throne.

"don't you see?" he sang, pushing the table to his left so it was no longer in between you two. a couple of the cards fell: your red 2, yuuji's reverse. and a +4 wild card that you don't recall anyone playing. "two of the most powerful beings in the world... work— being together. imagine what we could do."

"have you not met gojo? go flirt with him." hooking your ankle around the table leg that seemed to be made of obsidian, you pulled the table back to its original place. it forced sukuna's hand out the way. feeling the need to get comfortable, you placed your legs on the table and crossed them, mimicking your crossed arms.

... and he just loved seeing you like this.

he put his elbows on the table, slithering his hands into the loose selves of your white jumpsuit's legs. trailing his long fingers against the supple skin, he was close enough to your feet that any kick to his skull wouldn't even scratch him. he's being smart, but you shouldn't be surprised. even as a safety measure, he rested the side of his forehead against your gold heels.

but the way he looked at you... his beady red eyes were rather dilated when they landed on any fraction of your body. his breaths were deep and slow. if he was to drop dead at any moment, the final scent he would absorb would be yours, entwined with only a bit of oxygen. he played with his tongue in his mouth, wondering how it would feel on every part of you.

the way he acted around you was way more unsettling than it would be if he was threatening your life, and you firmly believed that was one of the reasons why he did so. it was like a clown, something you think you should enjoy, but truly brought bile to your esophagus.