033- waves & branches

"YOUR CONCEPT OF SACRIFICE IS LIMITED TO THE HUMANS WHO ARE KILLED BY CURSES, NOT ONES KILLED BY SATORU GOJO!"

the loud words echoing in your head forced you out of your slumber. you nearly slipped out of the car's seat before itadori caught you.

"woah! are you alright?" his worried eyes bored into yours. this was the first time that itadori had felt your body being frigid, and blessed energy usually runs your blood much warmer than the average person.

for the past couple of hours, you have been trying your best to not hurt your dad's murderer— i mean, sensei— gojo satoru. training has led you to find how to convert negative emotions like anger into positive, so it was no longer a factor against your abilities. thankfully, that made you a lot more threatening when you were angry.

"yeah, just been kinda out of it, you know?" he stared at your lopsided smile, slightly worried about your tendency to push away your needs, but he knows better than to press on. he wrapped an arm around your shoulders and placed your head on his chest.

"we need a new song." itadori's stated. "i love 'sure thing', but i think we should update, don't ya think?"

your giggle was slightly muffled by the car's engine as you thought about what could possibly be good enough to replace your current friendship song with itadori. and suddenly, the radio of the car played the perfect tune.

"sometimes all i think about is you, late nights in the middle of june..."

yuuji gasped at your singing, smiling like a child who was just handed pounds of candy. "HEAT WAVES BEEN FAKING ME OUTT, CAN'T MAKE YOU HAPPIER NOWW!!"

and so you two sang like the children you were, swaying side to side to the beat of the song, trying to ignore the obvious danger that awaited you and your friends in the ward of shibuya.

the music gave you the perfect chance to forget the invasive thoughts in your head, but yuuji didn't. in secret, he pulled out his phone to text someone in a different car.

————————————————————

Fuck me emo boy 😩☝️

Yuuji ItadoriYooo Fushiguro

Yuuji Itadori
Yooo Fushiguro

Is it just me or (Y/n) has been
a bit off?

Fuck me emo boy 😩☝️
Yeah, there's definitely something up.

I tried asking her about it but
she just seemed uncomfortable

Don't pester her.

I have a feeling it has to do
with Gojo

She gave him that death glare
before we left today