020- good & bad

"so why the hell is yuuji in here?"

"dang it, how did you know?" itadori's voice came out muffled from under you as you sat on the white box. you had found gojo (and yuuji) after you had finished changing into your uniform.

"sukuna's cursed energy is like a damned beacon, kind of annoying. but luckily..."

"here you go!" after searching in his bag, gojo handed you a brand new pack of your gum. "use it wisely, okay?"

taking the gum nonchalantly, you mumbled "oh my, thank you so much. i will definitely use it responsibly." you popped a stick into your mouth, sighing as the effects took place.

in an instant, the sounds around you became sharper, colors got brighter, and the slight ringing in your ear from sukuna's semi-presence faded away.

"well, it would be a great time to let you know that there have been changes made to your gum." your chewing stopped instantly as you gave the sensei a fearful face. as soon as your eyes met his cheeky smile, you doubled over in pain.

hot, white, scorching magma ran through your blood, giving you the inability to make a sound. your bones turned to jelly as your stomach felt like it was trying to escape. yuuji jumped out of the box as soon as he heard you collapse.

"what the hell did you do to her?!" yuuji yelled concerned as you continued to shiver in pain.

"it should only last a few seconds." and he was right, after the initial moments of pure agony, the pain disappeared completely.

"i think i just experienced labor." you breathed.

"actually, the pain should be equivalent to getting shot in the abdomen twenty-seven times without a break and then being dunked into boiling acid!" gojo cheerily corrected.

as the pink-haired boy helped you stand up, he asked, "what's new about the gum that did that to her?"

gojo stepped over to you and lightly grabbed your face, slipping down his blindfold to watch you closely. "yup, it's definitely there." with his ability, he was able to see your eyes slightly glowing red, with the veins in your face glowing as well. after a while, it all disappeared.

"the gum has a small amount of cursed energy in it, which was why your body's initial reaction was to get it out. a whole bunch of other magic like your blood sample made it so that you don't completely reject it, but it will start to increase your tolerance to cursed energy."

"like a vaccine?" yuuji asked.

"in a way, yes."

"so will i eventually stop having curse reactions?" you were slightly hopeful that he'd say yes, hopeful the thing that led to your dad's passing would no longer hang over you as well.

gojo kneeled so that you were no longer looking up at him. being in this position reminded him of when you were a lot younger. you were so cheerful back then, without the world of curses having such an impact on you. "i'm not sure." he answered truthfully. "but we're working on it."

"okay." you nodded, a bit satisfied with the answer not being a complete no. your teacher smiled and ruffled your hair.

"alright, wanna sit back on the box?" you noticed the wheels and handle attached to it, meaning that he was probably going to push it out.

"wait, why is— you know what," you sat back on the box after yuuji somersaulted into it. "sure, i want to see how this will go."

"HELL YEAH!" yuuji yelled from inside the box.