036- strength & bravery

"g'moring, princess."

"don't ever do that again. i thought i woke up in hell for a second." you blinked.

"well damn, i sure did miss a lot, huh?"

"...yeah, yuta. you did." okkotsu had a hand on your stomach healing your wound with positive energy.

positive energy and blessed energy are similar in many ways, one being that they both have the ability to heal. however, positive energy is a direct derivative from cursed energy, and blessed energy is something of its own.

learning how good yuta was with positive energy, it didn't shock you to learn that the two of you were cousins. even though he treated you a lot more like a younger sister.

"now would you like to tell me why a boy has their arms all over you?"

megumi.

you jumped and looked over his body, a hand immediately flying to his wrist. his pulse was strong and steady. he was alive.

"thank god." you whispered.

"yeah, i wasn't about to have you beat my ass for not saving him too." he huffed, gently pushing you back to a seated position so he can finish healing you. "he looks like the generic anime emo. pop off, kageyama— OUCH!"

flicking his forehead, you smiled, "stop being mean."

"MAYBE I SHOULDN'T HEAL YOU!"

megumi stirred next to you. "why are we yelling?"

"SHUT UP, TOBIO." megumi's eyes shot open at yuta's screaming. he swiveled his head towards you as a crooked, child-like smile etched its way on his features.

"no way." he whispered, cupping your face to feel if you were really there.

"i swear to everything holy," yuta spoke. "kiss her and you'll lose your teeth privileges." megumi obeyed, folding his hands on his lap, but never taking his eyes off your smile. his grin never faltered.

"you're alive..."

"pretty cool, huh?" yuta smiled at the boy he knew he will relentlessly tease for eternity. "alright, this is the best i'm gonna be able to do for now. we gotta get you both out of here."

once you got on your feet, gravity decides to betray you, causing you to lose your balance. both of the boys reached out to catch you, but yuta was faster.

"nope. i haven't seen my little cousin in ages." he shuffled around to carry you bridal style and started in the direction of your destination. "you can have lovey-dovey time with her later." aware that this was a fight he wouldn't be able to win, he shoved his hands in his pockets and followed in his steps.

"i think i can walk on my own two feet." you were regaining feeling in your fingers. purple and white flames bounced off of them to keep warm.

"quite the contrary, miss (y/n)." the glow from your hands illuminated yuta's face as he walked through a pitch-black shibuya. "you just woke up from the dead. get some rest. we can catch up when you regained some energy."

the mention of sleep was enough to remind you how tired you were. within seconds, you rested your head against his chest and fell fast asleep, holding on to nanami's loose tie around your neck.

°°°

hours later, you woke up on a bed you didn't recognize. nothing around you was familiar, so you assumed it was a temporary home yuta took you to. as you rose from the mattress, your organs felt like they were ready to jump out of your body. you stifled a groan and held your stomach, realizing that there were bandages wrapped around you. sitting back on the bed, you looked to your side and noticed a small note on the nightstand.