027- students & teachers

"let's go, (y/n)."

middle school

megumi announced as he walked into your classroom. you had your feet on the desk as you lounged back in one of the school chairs, browsing through your phone.

"yeah, give me like, five minutes." you flicked a hand up, not even look up from your screen to greet your friend, but he didn't mind. he threw his bag near your seat and sat on the desk you kept your legs on.

"what did he do?" megumi pondered, nodding his head towards the petrified teacher at the front of the room. he was being held from his underwear by a broken chair leg that was rammed into the wall above the chalkboard. it was disgustingly clear that it was one of your acts.

"he wouldn't let this girl in my class go to the bathroom, even after she told her it was her period." you looked up at the whimpering teacher with a small smile. "he stopped crying a few minutes ago."

megumi sighed, tearing his eyes away from the embarrassing sight to the chair beside him, which was missing a leg. he let boredom eat at him and kicked the chair, allowing it to clang on the floor with a loud metallic sound.

this caught your attention, making you look up at megumi. "ew, you could have said something." you grunted, rolling your eyes and pulling out a few wipes from your bag. once you got up, you stood in front of the raven-haired boy, and wiped the dripping strawberry milk from his face. "wanna explain?"

"...tsumiki."

you hummed, knowing his relationship with his sister wasn't the best. he hated talking about it too, so you weren't going to pry. in fact, you liked tsumiki a lot. though she didn't really appreciate how both you and megumi would act in school. regardless, she was the only older female figure in your life, and you were grateful for it. whether you showed it or not.

"that's the most i'll be able to get out. how does boba sound?" you smiled. megumi nodded, even though his original plan was to go straight home. but if getting boba would make you happy? so be it. and with that, he jumped off the desk, held the door, and walked you out of the air-conditioned classroom.

"hey, are you gonna bring me down?" the teacher helplessly called out after two of you, but you were long gone.

"...you aren't gonna leave me here, right?

"hey??

"HEYY?!

"...please come back."

°°°

"okay. one last time."

you and megumi decided to visit the bridge together in search of the curse, but before then, you found an empty spot in the nearby forest to meditate. megumi gave you some time to be alone.

but this was a different type of meditation, one that your father never taught you about, but something you have done extensive research on. it's the reason why you have permanent bags under your eyes.

the ability to communicate with the dead has been a deeply controversial topic in the jujutsu community, but not so much in the blessing. however, due to its seemingly demonic way, it hasn't been talked about much in order to avoid situations like the walking dead.

you had to be strong-willed to pull it off, deeply grounded into the earth like steel. and you were just that, however, this didn't mean it would be any easier. your years of practice proving so.