022- fight & flight

"they're trying to kill me and itadori."

the tokyo students froze at your blunt confession. as you sat on the table next to maki in the tokyo conference room, you kept a foot up on the table, resting your arm on your knee as you continued to spin a crystal kunai on your finger, completely unbothered by the position you and your friend are in.

"huh? why?" itadori asked, dropping his funeral frame.

"did you forget about the thousand-year-old curse inside of you?" megumi deadpanned from across the room. he got up and started to stretch his limbs, "anyways, i wouldn't worry too much about it.

"if (y/n) or itadori was to go up against any of the kyoto or tokyo students with no power or energy, (y/n) and itadori would win."

"nice." maki smirked.

"so, is there some type of plan in place?" you asked, pulling a crystal bow and arrow out of the sunlight that was beaming through the window. "i'm fine with being lookout." finally noticing the bow, maki gasped and started making incoherent sounds, signaling that she wanted to play with the new weapon. to satisfy her, you passed her the kunai knife that you were no longer occupied by. she proceeded to make demonic giggling noises.

"i'm so happy you want to use your weapons again." she gleamed.

"don't worry your pretty little head about it." panda boomed. "we've got the perfect plan!"

°°°

"(y/n)."

"'sup, meg." you said without looking up, still tying your shoes near the entrance gate for the exchange event.

"are you okay?"

"of course, why'd you ask?" you perked at his seemingly random question.

he scratched his head, pursing his lips. "itadori won't tell me what happened to you two the other night, and you've been more paranoid than usual." he shrugged, "i just want to make sure you're okay."

standing up, you placed your hands on his arms, firmly holding him. "i did domain expansion." you whispered.

his eyes went wide and he immediately pulled you further from the tokyo students, dripping his voice to a whisper, "oh shit, really? tips. hand them over."

"honestly, it wasn't planned, it sorta just happened." you confessed. "but to answer your question, i'm fine now."

"are you sure?" he questioned, wrapping his arms around your waist firmly.

you took a moment to answer. were you really okay? you weren't sure, but you were certain that you felt safe. and in the world you lived in, that was a blessing in itself. "yeah, i'm okay."

he searched your face with furrowed brows for any signs of lies. when he didn't find any, he hugged you tightly.

"promise me you won't get yourself killed." he lazily mumbled into your shoulder. you inhaled deeply and pulled back, holding out your pinky.

removing one hand from your waist, he interlocked his pinky with yours with a low smile, keeping your body close. he looked into your eyes for a moment before lightly pecking your forehead. unsatisfied, you rolled your eyes and got on your toes, kissing his lips softly.

his face was a lush shade of pink, the ghost of your lips on his keeping him warm. normally, he'd cover his face, but his hands were too busy holding you. "quit missing, fushiguro." you smirked, poking his forehead with two fingers and leaving his arms.