015- black & white

"since you're staying,"

"do you have any questions about blessings?" your father's 'teacher mode' was still active as he yearned to make megumi's decision to stay at your house into a class session.

"yeah, i do." megumi sat up from his slouching position, "i've noticed this for a while, but i always just assumed it was because of the period where blessings were monks...

"but, why do you guys meditate so much?"

it was a simple question, really. despite the similarities blessings had with curse users, those who had cursed never seemed to meditate as a practice. meditation seemed like a tradition for blessing holders.

"because being a blessing user really isn't that much of a blessing."

"hey! don't say things like that." your father was very aware of your feelings towards your shared powers. but most importantly, he understood exactly how you felt. being a blessing isn't easy. it was like you were made to help others, not yourself.

you rolled your eyes and slouched, fiddling with the marker you used to play tic-tac-toe against megumi.

"the hard thing about blessings," he emphasized the word you felt was an oxymoron and tilted his head to look at you, his effort to remind you that your existence meant something. "is that our energy amplifies any emotion we feel. meditation helps that."

megumi furrowed his brows, still confused. to be fair, if you lived in a house with a man-child, you'd be confused as to what the hell meditation was too.

"mediation makes you calm." you butted in. "amplifying calm has no negative impact."

your dad smiled proudly, "good. you remembered."

"oh, so you wouldn't want the energy to amplify sadness or anger, right?"

"not exactly. those emotions are inevitable, and easy to get through." your father corrected.

"so, what are you trying to avoid?"

finally lifting your eyes from your marker, you locked them with megumi's.

"complicated emotions. jealousy, regret, shock..."

°°°
itadori's pov

"WHAT THE HELL?!?"

(y/n) looked at me with a face i couldn't decipher. was it sadness, confusion, relief? i wasn't sure, but something i've learned about (y/n), is that her eyes tell you what she wants you to know.

and all i saw in them was shock.

"when i gave you my phone to call for help," nanami hissed, pinching his nose bridge. "i didn't intend for you to call my daughter."

"haha, happy birthday (y/n)!" i waved in attempt to lighten the mood, but ended up revealing the many holes that were poked into my hands. 'way to go, yuuji.'

"well, if it isn't the one and only blessed energy user of our time." mahito cheered, sporting a shit-eating grin.

(y/n) ignored him, pools of tears forming in her eyes as she continued to stare at me. though it wasn't her intention, i started to feel guilty. guilty for popping the idea of someone coming back to life into her brain.

the frigid wind created a low hum, blowing in between the tall school buildings around us. it blew against (y/n), making my hoodie that she wore flap against her. this was the first time i had ever seen her in this state, and it physically pained me to witness it.