004- cuts & scrapes

next day. 7:40 am

"how's my favorite person to annoy doing?"

you barged into megumi's room after hearing a grunt once you knocked. he was relaxing on his bed, eyes glued to his phone. one of his arms was to the side, allowing him to lean slightly and keep balance. this revealed a bit of the bandage under his oversized shirt (not that you were complaining).

"first off, hand over the phone." he peeked at you under his lashes. maintaining eye contact, he switched off his phone and gave it to you. "how long have you slept?"

"uh, i don't know. my head still hurts." talking a closer look, the bags under his eyes were evident. mumbling a "bitch" under your breath, you dropped his phone on his desk and sat next to him, your leg resting against his.

"did the healers treat you?" you already knew the answer to this, noticing a small bloodstain that had seeped through his  gray shirt.

"um... yeah." megumi lied, unable to even look you in the eye— a common thing he did when not being truthful. seeing right through him, you rested your head in your hand as you stared at him. as predicted, he broke under pressure and vented, "you know the healers hate me. they get tired of constantly healing me after getting beat up. apparently, i have to be stronger."

"their job is literally to heal people. why are they complaining about healing?" megumi angrily mouthed a "thank you", pleased that someone agreed with him.

"well, ya should've called me, dumbass. i can heal you."

"no. the wounds are deep, it would take a lot of energy—"

"so i'll eat and get some rest. it's fine. let me heal you." the dark-haired boy looked down at you for a moment before giving in, succumbing to his pain.

you helped him take off his shirt, which exposed his wraps and bandages that were soaked in blood. he tried not to blush at the suggestive action.

"they even did a shitty job wrapping you up. remind me to have a word with those old ass people." megumi blew air through his nose and smiled, admired by your protective nature. "i'm gonna have to replace these bandages."

you unraveled the bandage that was wrapped around his torso and upper body, blood staining your hands. even though he shivered at the cold air touching his skin, he wasn't weirded out by your proximity. he was actually quite comforted by it. your warmer hands grazing his skin was enough for him to forget his pain.

there was a massive gash on his side, making the other wounds that riddled his body seem nearly insignificant. the red splotches and purple bruises contrasted with his paler skin.

"alright, i'm gonna do my best to heal this one and wrap you up again. this might hurt." he nodded at your words. 

putting forward a glowing hand, you softly pressed it to his wound. the pain made him gasp sharply and clasp your thigh— the closest thing to his hand. he immediately released, growing red from his actions. "sorry."

"it's okay, i told you it was gonna hurt." you weren't uncomfortable, knowing that what he did was a genuine mistake. all you really cared about was healing the boy. "you could put it back."

"huh?" megumi asked, his voice going three octaves higher than normal.

"your hand. this healing is gonna keep hurting for a while, and i'd rather you squeeze there than you cut off the circulation from my arm." you smiled. he eyed you for a moment, searching for any indications of a joke. not finding one, he shut his eyes and rested a warm hand back on your thigh, allowing you to continue the healing process.