016- crystals & stones

"that's it?"

within seconds, you and mahito were in what seemed to be a white void. no ceiling or walls. the only spec of color in the area was the throne you sat on.

the throne was enormous. it towered over a crystal staircase and was made of various clusters of amethyst and clear quartz. it also had opal gemstones surrounding it, one of which was in your hand. you sat in the beautiful throne lazily, with your legs over one of the armrests and your back resting against the other.

you didn't respond to mahito's question, who was on his knees below you at the base of the staircase that led to the throne. you continued toying with the opal in your hands, watching it reflect a plethora of colors.

flipping his hair out of his face, he rose, "i'm a bit embarrassed, you actually managed to install fear into me back there." he cracked his knuckles and gave you a mocking smirk. "color me unimpressed, blessing, i expected more from you. let me do everyone a favor and kill you right here."

mahito morphed his hand into a large spike, sending it straight towards you. without you moving a muscle, a large crystal appeared in front of him, too quick for him to retaliate and resulting in his hand getting pulverized by the sturdy quartz.

"do you mind not getting blood all over my crystals?" you said monotony, barely giving him a second glance. he held whatever was left of his arm close to his chest. he started to stutter, wondering why his hand wasn't regenerating with his reversed cursed technique. "do realize that the only difference between you and the gravel that i walk on is that you have a mouth. at least use it wisely."

frustrated, he tried to run towards you but was instantly stopped by another large quartz in his path. he pivoted to go in another direction but was blocked again. the loud sound of crystals emerging  from the ground was enough to make mahito nervous.

when he started to move back, he then realized that he was completely surrounded by large crystals, all of which reflected his petrified expression like a mirror.

"mahito?" you posed, finally giving him your attention. "have you ever heard of the phrase 'the worse enemy you can meet will always be yourself?'....

"wanna put that to the test?"

mahito flicked his eyes from you to the reflection in front of him. slowly, his reflection's eyes turned black, a demonic grin etched on his features. terrified, he started to back up, only to walk into... himself?

"mahito, meet your worse possible enemy."

he turned around to meet the eyes of his reflection. funny enough, he was able to see his own terrified expression in his reflection's black eyes. it stabbed him with the same large spike he tried to kill you with. he instantly coughed up blood and fell to the floor, shaking.

the reflection crouched down to mahito's figure. it winked and created a medieval morning star with his fist. "see you on the flip side, brother." he said before smashing the spiked ball in his skull and granting him the sweet relief of death...

"good morning, mahito. ready for round two?"

"wh-what?"

"could you make this time a little more interesting, please? you're starting to bore me." you suggested, now juggling three large opals in your hands.

mahito looked around confused. he noticed that he was back in his original position when he was first trapped in your domain. his hand was back in its place. there was no longer a gap in his core. and needless to say, his skull wasn't flat. so what happened?

"i think you understand how the crystals around you work, so i won't waste time explaining that." mahito glanced at the quartz that towered over him and quickly looked away, terrified that his reflection would come back out to murder him again. "but in my domain, you don't die until i want you to. until then, you will be revived through the healing properties of the crystals around you, allowing you to experience an agonizing death repeatedly."

he looked up at you, completely taken aback by your abilities. mahito hated to admit it, but geto was right. this was a fight he couldn't win... unless...

"i... i think i can do it now. yeah, definitely."

you noticed the sudden click on his mind. he was going to open his own domain, making it a battle to see who had the strongest one. thankfully, you were confident in your domain, and couldn't wait to see him crumble on his own accord. leaning back, you awaited for what you saw to be inevitable.

so why the hell were you suddenly in sukuna's domain?
*

a/n: thinking abt if i should leave it at a cliff hanger or spoil y'all w a third chapter today🤔

ALSO TYSM FOR 2k+ READS MWA MWA ILY