032- who & why

**MANGA SPOILERS**

"and then he said,"

two days ago

'ooh gum! could i have some? that finger kinda gave me bad breath!'"

you and your dad— well his spirit, chuckled together, filling the meditation room that he built in the school with laughter. within a few more weeks of practice, you were finally able to communicate with other your father. suddenly, the world didn't seem as dark as before.

"did he ever get the gum?"

"no! i kinda feel bad about that one." your head was on his lap as your body was laid on the floor. it felt like laying on a cloud. your father played with your hair with his ghost-like, purple fingers.

"it's incredible how quickly you learned how to communicate with blessed spirits."

"it took me years, dad."

he lightly tapped your forehead, jokingly scolding you. "with no help! lord knows how long it took my slow ass to figure it out."

you flicked his leg. it was a weird feeling since it didn't seem like he was physically there, but he felt the small pain. "don't fucking curse on the meditation room."

"oh shit, my fault." he chuckled.

°°°

"sit." you commanded. nanami nonchalantly found a seat. it was obvious you wanted gojo to sit on the couch across from you. he hesitated. "i said, sit."

you wrapped blessed energy around his wrist and yanked him to the couch, not bothering to cool the flames. something frightened gojo way more than your scolding voice, and it was the fact that his infinity didn't protect him against your energy. he avoided touching the now burning sensation on his wrist to reveal this truth.

you took a bite of oxygen to steady yourself, your silence only making the two adults in the room even more nervous. your posture was informal. leaned back, arms resting in the back of the suede brown sofa, legs crossed at your ankles. they got confused when you suddenly closed your eyes and it seemed like you had stopped breathing. you needed someone else present.

"hey bestie! am i getting a hang of your lingo now?" your dad asked cheerfully before his emotion dropped. "wait, why is everyone so serious?"

it was easy to realize that the other two men couldn't hear or see your father, but he could see them.

"hey hey! nanami! you looking as great as ever! but the stress gojo has brought you through is very visible."

"dad, they can't hear or see you." you deadpanned.

nanami and gojo jumped and the notion that they weren't alone in the room.

"is he right next to me?" gojo asked fearfully. he was.

"if you don't sit your ass back down—"

"what's going on?" your dad finally asked, understand that something serious has happened. the way he was casual about sitting right next to his murder, you assumed he didn't know the truth.

you sighed, running a hand over your tired eyes. "i'm going to give you guys the chance to explain my father's death. don't waste my time."

°°°

ten years ago.

"my advice would be to avoid gojo as much as you can, but he seemed to be obsessed with you." your father told a younger (emo) nanami. he sighed, grateful he was able to rant his problems to his favorite teacher, who he considered to be his greatest friend.