023- trees & smoke

"YOU FEEL THAT?"

you were petting megumi's dog, questioning toge on the terrible presence that filled the air. the dog started barking, feeling the danger as well. inumaki turned to look into the forest as the ground started to rumble.

'are those... fucking trees?'

"RŪŃ ÅWŸ!!"

his command forced you to sprint into the forest at a speed that you've never reached before. your heart leaped to your throat as the crashing sounds behind you got louder. the only thing keeping you calm was the divine dog running right next to you as your legs burned, pleading for a break. you weren't able to dodge the branches in your path, forcing you to ram headfirst into them, allowing the twigs to scratch up your face and hands. 'thankfully i wore long sleeves.' you thought.

your feet finally started to hit concrete as you exited the forest, however, the crashing sound still followed. the divine dog started to bark again as it spotted megumi.

"...(y/n)?"

"NO QUESTIONS. JUST RUN!" you yelled.

"what's going on?" megumi asked calmly, being stupid enough to think that it was safe to do so.

"RŪŃ ÅWŸ!!" inumaki roared, slightly irritated at the boy's reluctance. and so, you all did.

°°°

the four of you were cornered by the tree-like curse. it had white skin and black tattoos dancing on its body. what was off-putting was that he didn't attack, just staring at you.

"i think that's the high-grade that attacked gojo before." megumi mumbled. he stood across from you with kamo as you stood next to inumaki.

"tuna mayo."

"yeah, you should call him." you echoed toge. the boy with closed eyes looked at you, completely bewildered.

"you understand him?"

inumaki rolled his eyes, turning to you to sassily speak in japanese sign language, "was it not fucking obvious?"

your chuckling was cut short by goosebumps coating your skin. despite the gum's effects, you could still feel the cursed spirit move towards kamo and megumi at an alarming speed.

"DØŃ'T MÖVÈ!" inumaki boomed at the curse. acting on instinct, you shoved the two boys out of the curse's path, nearly getting hurt yourself. they fell to the floor from your force as you landed in a kneeling position. raising your hand, you blasted the monster with white, hot energy, sending it back a few feet.

"what the hell?! it was pretty calm a few seconds ago?!" you breathed, helping both of them up. kamo furrowed his brows, confused as to who you were. understanding a cursed speech user, saving the person who has admitted to attempting to murder them. you weren't the "scary selfish blessing user" gakuganji painted you out to be.

actually, he takes that back. you were definitely scary.

the four of you continued to attack the curse, with kamo revealing his cursed technique. 'i'm guessing he was saving his energy too.' you thought.

"~STOP THIS, FOOLISH CHILDREN.~"

you all groaned at the disgusting feeling of an entity inside of your head. the curse was speaking gibberish, but in some crazed way, you understood what they were saying.

"~all i want is to protect this planet.~"

"don't pay attention to the rubbish a curse spits out."