009- pain & comfort

"you're going to be spending some time with me, okay?"

nanami crouched down to your smaller figure. it's just been a few hours after your father's death and reality still hasn't set for you. a frown was etched on your face, mimicking the bland vibe of the sorcerer's humble adobe.

"what do you mean by 'some time'? i know he's not coming back." you said bluntly.

he knew you weren't as fragile as most children, but this felt like a different situation. you just lost your only parent and it seemed as though you didn't care to be comforted.

nanami looked down to see you picking at your skin, blood unknowingly getting underneath your fingernails. he grabbed your hands softly and held them.

"...how about we get some food? hmm? what about some pizza?"

"i'm not hungry."

in his years of knowing you, he has never seen you decline food. especially pizza.

"you don't have to be hungry to eat." he suggested, "you can eat because you're bored, you can... actually, that's a terrible example, don't do that—"

that was when you started to giggle. little you found it hilarious how uncomfortable he was trying to play 'father'. you kept your head down to conceal your laughter, which was in vain.

"are you making fun of me?" he asked jokingly. he smiled and got back up, holding a finger out. "let's get you washed up, okay?" wrapping your hand around his finger, you obliged.

nanami wasn't very fond of children, especially seeing megumi's and gojo's relationship. but you were the only child he knew he could tolerate.

it was the least he could do for your father, they were best friends after all.

°°°

present time

______________________________________

dad trial #2🧍🏼‍♂️

(Y/n)
if you don't murder gojo, i will

dad trial #2 🧍🏼‍♂️
What's wrong?

(Y/n)
that fucker took my gum

dad trial #2 🧍🏼‍♂️
Oh.

(Y/n)
:/

you already knew, didn't you?

dad trial #2 🧍🏼‍♂️
I would apologize, but it's what's
best for you.