008- faces & thieves

"fuck."

"i think that's what i get for calling that thing ugly." stretching on the ground, you felt your core. your clothes felt damp and warm. blood. "i definitely broke something."

your eyes were still closed, but you felt a presence near you. a cursed spirit to be specific. but once you had opened your eyes, it was a child staring back.

their hair was jet black and long. her face showed no emotion at all, though she had the most delicate features.

then, their face morphed into a female noh face mask. it had small eyebrows, pale skin, and huge gray circles as face markings on their eyes.

that was all you needed to know to kick the shit out of the body and as far as you possibly could.

you had done enough research to know about the curse before you: koh the face stealer. show him the slightest bit of emotion and your face would be taken from you, leaving your soul in a state between life and death.

since blessed energy required you to learn how to control your emotions, you spent a fair amount of time learning about curses like him.

contrary to popular belief, koh didn't just take faces, he would take their body as well, making it difficult to distinguish him as a curse.

secondly, he can take the faces... or the bodies... of the dead. if he touches you, he has access to all of the people that you have witnessed pass away.

so, kicking him away was a smart decision. however, he had already touched you when you were partially unconscious once you had landed on the floor.

"i've always wanted to meet a blessing user." koh let out, still brandishing the noh mask as a face. you kept your face expressionless.

"great to know that i have admirers." 'curses and their weird-ass obsession with blessings.'

you finally took a chance to take in your surroundings. it seemed like you were underground, everything around you being a burnt orange color. the air felt humid, making it hard to breathe.

the curse in front of you making it even more difficult.

"aren't you glad to meet me?" he morphed into the jade hound, instantly making your heart drop. still, your face stayed tame.

koh snarled while circling you. it became evident that you will have to defeat him if you'd want to regroup with your friends.

he launched at you and you dodged, rolling on the ground to soften your fall. unfortunately, you put too much weight on your fresh wound. you bit the inside of your cheek to stop yourself from wincing, blood now filling your mouth as well.

"(y/n)?" koh called out in your father's voice.

realizing that this fight will be a lot harder than you had originally thought, you turned your back to koh, allowing yourself to take a deep breath.

he zoomed across the area and came centimeters to your face, eager to catch you slipping. but you gave him nothing, all he received was an unmoving face.

but you couldn't look at him while he wore your dad's face like that. it was similar to an unfit glove. you kept your focus on the crack on the wall behind him.

something was wrong with his face.

it was the eyes. there was no life behind them. and that was what hurt you the most.

"kiddo, why won't you look at me?" your heart squeezed at his old nickname for you, but you gave him no answer. you felt dizzy being so close to a curse without your gum.