037- wounds & friends

"do you need help taking your shirt off?"

"nah, i'm good." you told megumi as he got a bowl of warm water and a towel ready in the bathroom. sitting on the edge of the bed, you started to pull yuta's large white shirt off, but groaned once a sharp pain flooded your core. the sound was enough for megumi to rush over and place the bowl on the nearby stool to help you take it off.

you gave him a look, resulting in him quirking a brow, "what's wrong?"

you couldn't help but smile at the lost look on his face. once he pulled the shirt over your head (YOU HAVE A SPORTS BRA ON.), you held his arms at his sides, looking up at him. "you're treating me like i'm crippled."

the concerned look dropped from his face. "well," he huffed, sitting on the stool and placing the bowl of water on his lap. "until you're fully healed, i'm gonna continue to annoy you for being reckless." his face was now level with yours, giving you a good close up of his features. it slightly annoyed you how he'd never get any scars on his face, despite being treated like a rag doll by the world. megumi folded his hands over the bowl to keep him from mindlessly touching your face. he sighed at his thoughts before saying "turn around."

you obliged, facing the wall behind you. the lack of distraction forced flashbacks into your mind. shibuya. nanami. you pushed the thoughts away, knowing that the past events would now be the theme of your nightmares for at least a few months. maybe until you were fully healed, both mentally and physically.

megumi picked up your hand and pulled it towards him, placing it on his knee. you could feel his body heat against the thick fabric of the jujutsu school uniform. 'i swear he acts like he doesn't have other clothing. where's that white button down and khaki combo? that was hot as fuck man. '

"it's gonna hurt. a lot." he said once your head turned back to him. he scooted closer to your back and rested his right hand in the crook between your waist and thigh. megumi refused to tell you the current state of the wound, but at least there wasn't a sword in you anymore.

"what do you mean?" if megumi was warning you about pain, you know not to take it lightly. "isn't that just water?"

"nope, rubbing alcohol." planting a sweet, quick kiss on the nape of your neck, he said. "deep breath."

nothing could have prepared you for the scorching pain that flooded your back.

"HOLY FUCK!" you yelled as he made a clean swipe with the towel over the wound. despite how gentle he was being, the pain of the chemicals entering your wound was enough to automatically land on your list of 'worst feelings ever'. the muscles in your back contorted, making elegant ripples in your body. the only thing stopping megumi from staring at the way you moved was the awareness of your immense pain.

the more he cleaned, the more it burned. "back's done. c'mere." he pulled you against his chest quickly so you could lay on him for support. he wanted to end your suffering as soon as possible. he started cleaning the wound on your stomach, the same fiery pain brought tears to your eyes as you tightly held megumi's wrist with the hand that wasn't already holding his knee.

a few more painful swipes before megumi said, "it's done. it's done." he quickly put down the towel to get a handheld fan, waving it to blow air on your stomach. your body finally relaxed as your head hung over his shoulder. "you're okay." he said again, adjusting his arm placement to make sure you were comfortable.

you were too exhausted to wipe the tears that traced the sides of your face. you kept your eyes closed as you caught your breath, thankful that the pain was fading away. megumi's thumb cleaned the tears for you, happy that your eyes were closed so that he could stare at your features without being judged.