026- bases & balls

"could you please show me how to use tiktok properly?"

"absolutely not." you told gojo, while adjusting your baseball cap in the staff room's mirror. "kakashi-sensei lookin' ass."

"I HEARD THAT!!"

"that was the point."

"(y/n), you're not even allowed here." your adoptive father said as he walked into the room with the usual white cup of steaming black coffee and a rolled-up newspaper. probably to check stocks, even though he could easily do that on his phone.

resting a hand on your hip, you turned to him, "they're too scared of me to kick me out, so i'll enjoy my time here. plus, you guys get all the snacks." picking up two packs of oreos from the snack bowl, you handed the second to satoru, he cheered like a child. "but i am here for a good reason.

"sukuna found his way into my dreams."

"...didn't you say he was ugly? i vividly remember you saying that he looked 'even worse than baby gojo.'"

"i don't think she means that way, gojo." nanami deadpanned. "go on, (y/n)."

"he interrupted my dream to speak with me." you picked up your baseball bat and sat on the armrest of gojo's chair. he took it as an opportunity to rest his head on your thigh. mindlessly, you ran your fingers through his platinum hair. "some bullshit about joining him to rule the world."

the two adults make eye contact as gojo's comfortable smile dropped.

"what's wrong?" you asked, noticing the energy in the room shifting.

"nothing you have to worry your pretty head about!" just as quickly as it left, gojo's smile went back on his features as he got up and pushed you towards the door. "good luck today, sweetie!!"

"but—!" he slammed the door before you could finish your statement. raised voices from both men followed, and you took it as a sign to leave.

°°°

(a/n): disfuckingclaimer. i don't know shit about base ball, so i am so sorry about how poorly written the next scene will be. with love, @unfaz3d <3

°°°

it was your turn to bat.

as you strutted to the base, the camera panned to you, zooming in to your face. the screen read:

••(y/n) (l/n). first year.••
gojo has admitted that she has better looks than him. kugisaki agrees.

the wooden... mechanical... thing started to grumble, preparing to spit a ball at you.

it zooms towards you... and you hit it with a satisfying clink.

the ball soars through the sky, an inevitable home run. but it was uncomfortably close to that little witch girl with pigtails who always stays on that damn broom. using the smallest amount of blessed energy you could muster, you gave the ball a little push, securing the home run.

but of course, you were a show-off. putting the bat up to your eye, you used it as a 'telescope', looking for the ball in the crystal clear sky. not 'finding' it, you shrugged animatedly towards the kyoto school bench and tossed the bat to the catcher, todo. "hold this for me, babe."

"anything for you! i'm so proud!" he sobbed.

"DID YOU EVEN TRY!?" the green goblin, mai, yelled angrily from her position.