021- friends & enemies

"HEY, GIRLY POP!"

kugisaki came to you with a nearly demonic smile, "CAN WE HAVE A TALK, BESTIE?!!"

"sure, babe, what's up." you replied cooly, aware of how this conversation was going. she grabbed your arm tightly as she led you to one of the cafeteria tables.

"SOooOoOo, itadori was alive and breathing, and you just NEVER thought TO TELL ME!?" she pushed a lock of hair behind her ear, imitating nervousness while keeping the death grin. the threat of her sticking a nail into your skull was dancing around your mind.

"nobara," you took her hands and held them close to you. "i was aware that he was still walking this earth only hours ago. i'm sorry i didn't tell you earlier."

she sighed, finally understanding. "okay, sorry i jumped to conclusions. but what happened to you last night?"

"a lot, that i'll promise to tell you. just, now isn't a good time."

as she nodded, yuuji and megumi made their way to the table. megumi took the seat next to you and itadori sat across from him, next to nobara. through the movement, you noticed maki from across the cafeteria and suddenly got up.

"wait, where are you going?"

"i'm gonna go sit with maki, i'll see you guys later." you smiled at the three of them as a form of goodbye, and only two smiled back.

"no." meg said, grabbing your wrist lightly to keep you from standing.

arching a brow, you looked back at the boy. "excuse me?"

"why do you have to go?" he asked softly.

"...because i want to?"

a little more firmly, he said. "no, stay here."

"and why exactly should i do that?"

"...because i want you to." he said as if the answer was obvious.

slightly annoyed at his sudden clinginess, you said calmly, "i couldn't give less of a fuck. i'll do what i please."

he rolled his eyes, bringing his face closer to yours to lower his voice. "(y/n), you're making this a lot bigger than it has to."

challenging him, you got even closer. "and so are you. why are you being so pushy all of the sudden?"

"i'm not being pushy, i'm just asking you to stay."

"well, you're being pretty pushy about it."

"alright," he smiled sarcastically, flashing his razor-sharp teeth. "(y/n), my dear, would you please respect my wishes and stay?"

"wishes? fuck i look like? a genie?"

"(y/n), i'm not asking for a lot here. stay."

"megumi." you said firmly, "not sure of what drugs you're on, but you out of all people know that i won't let a man tell me what to do."

there was suddenly a lot more grit in his voice, confusing you of his behavior even more, "i'm not telling you, i'm asking."

finally over his sudden mood change, you stood up and bent over to meet his eye, a snarl on your features and you kept a hand on the table for balance. "okay, then make me."

he kept his hand on your wrist and his eyes on you. out of the corner of your eye, you saw him use the trick you showed him, using his hand's shadow on the table to pull a weapon out of it. only this time, he kept his hand in the portal—hesitation.

you, however, would never hesitate. clenching your jaw, you placed two fingers to his jugular vein, already exerting hot blessed energy through the ends of it. adding any more energy would probably burn him.