029- light & dark

it all happened rather quickly.

suddenly, your vision was tinted with purple. the curse before you radiating a strong aura of blue cursed energy. you've never seen the aura's like this, only felt them. it was a weird sensation, but it was satisfying.

you and megumi were no longer holding hands. he gave you a side glance, gaining a smirk from you in return.

the both of you surfed your way to the curse, megumi using a sea of shadows and you using flames. attacking relentlessly, never giving the curse a break. when megumi would punch the curse's gut, you'd roundhouse it. when he would kick its legs, you'd punch its face.

since you were in front of it, the curse formed a yellow and black laser, aiming for your core. you created a thick wall of purple flames, reducing the attack to atoms. multiple animals of shadow started to join the fight: megumi's handiwork. luckily for him, he was in an area full of darkness. you do amplify his abilities, but if there was more light, you'd be stronger.

so, this was only a glimpse of your strength.

the curse's screams, which used to be agonizing to the human ear, became enjoyable to you. it was fuel to your energy. all your body yearned for was to hear its screams and cries.

you placed a hand on its core, looking up at it with a nearly demonic smirk, and watched it burn like the piece of filth it was.

you'd kill for that feeling again.

°°°

the two of you dragged yourselves out of the cave, dropping your tired bodies on the ground. megumi sat by your side, immediately dropping his head on your shoulder. in a strange way, it reminded you of the first time you two met itadori. poor guy's always getting the shit kicked out of him.

"(y/n)." his voice was gravely and quiet.

"megumi."

he wheezed in a breath, nearly making you chuckle. you brought a glowing hand to his chest to start healing it, and thankfully, he didn't protest. he wanted to since you were also in terrible condition, but he knew you wouldn't take 'no' for an answer.

"can i ask you a question?"

"no. and that is a question, dumbass. how hard did you hit your head?"

"would you cut me some slack, please?". if he wasn't so injured, he probably would have yelled his words. your heart pouted at his pain.

your adrenaline was still high, not feeling the scorching pain that should be where your ankle was, or the shattered knuckles from what felt like punching a rock, or the broken bones in your rib from being slammed against the wall. "sure, meg, what's up?" you chipped.

he let silence ring for a while, enjoying the soft breeze on his fresh wounds. the air around him was so nervous, shaking with anticipation. his heart started to beat faster against your hand, and so, you rested your head on his, hoping that the small action could comfort him a bit.

he inhaled the air around him another time, hoping to ground himself.

"(y/n)...?"

"spit it out before i die from anxiousness."

"will you... go out with me?"

"bitch, what type of fucking corny bullshit was that?"

"oh my god. could you be serious for ONE MINUTE, (Y/N)?"