028- mediums & sources

"...and if you don't stop taking (y/n) from me..."

"yeah, yeah, let's keep walking." megumi dismissed nobara, who found you two with itadori fairly easily. offended, she placed her hand on her hip and tapped her foot.

"this little bitch." she flipped her orange hair and walked alongside you. "you are now reason number three hundred thirty-four as to why i will never date a man." a beat passed. "...(y/n), you're still technically single, right?"

she tries to slide her arm around your waist, but megumi yanks her away from you by her arm.

"DID YOU JUST ATTACK A WOMAN?? HOW ANTI-FEMINIST OF YOU!"

"you're strong enough to fight a bear, please don't pull bullshit on me."

"YOU JUST DON'T TO SEE ME WITH (Y/N)!"

"YEAH, I DON'T. PROBLEM??"

"YOU LITTLE—"

"I'M TALLER THAN YOU??"

ever so casually, itadori steals you from the commotion, putting his body between you and the arguing sorcerers and wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"is this where i get to shoot my shot?"

"i feel like i'm getting passed around like a blunt."

the two of you laughed genuinely, filling your body with even more warmth than before. somehow, he made the sounds of arguing beside you somewhat comfortable.

"but seriously, how are you?" his eyes told you that he wasn't taking the usual 'i'm fine' as an answer. though the puffiness in your face was gone, there was still a sense of longing in your features. your mind was in the clouds.

"long story, really." it weird how well he could read people, and you've only known him for a few months. "i got to hear my dad's voice, and he heard mine." you lip quirked off command. "so, i'm happy. also happy you guys are here."

itadori is well aware that the grimm reaper looms over him like a cloud. his death is inevitable, whether it be by a curse, his execution, or sukuna himself. he can't avoid dying young, it's impossible.

but you have done the impossible. everyone in your group has. so, he'll use that as motivation to stay as long as he can. after all, spending eternity with sukuna was not something he looked forward to.

"i'm happy you're here too."

°°°

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!??"

"a curse!" itadori yells, getting into a fighting position.

"GODDAMN, I HAVENT SEEN AN UGLY ASS CURSE LIKE THAT IN A MINUTE!" you pulled a katana out of the moonlight, the crystal weapon appearing more purple than white compared to the ones you would pull from sunlight.

as you, megumi, and nobara went after the many smaller curses, itadori went after the ugly one, ultimately separating the group. your group ended up in a cave. it was humid, hot, and reeked of blood and shit. the three of you sliced through the curses that popped out of the ground like weasels.

"so, we treat it like wack a mole, right?"

"precisely." you answered kugisaki. "you might seem to have the advantage here with that hammer." you slowly start to regret coming into the cave-like area, now that you no longer have access to a light source, which mean you can't swap weapons.

in seconds, nobara gets snatched into a black, liquid portal. you caught her hand before she fully disappeared.

"don't worry about me!" her sounds were muffled by the sounds of the portal. "just keep walking those moles." and just like that, she let go of your hand, leaving you in slight shock at how quick the interaction was.