024- me & you

BUT...

with your left hand, you had stopped his movements, tightly holding the blood stained branch that poking out of your abdomen.

he looked back at you to see a deranged smile on your face, blood streaming down a corner of your mouth.

"let me show you how terrible humans can be." you croaked.

throwing your right arm up, you set fire to the trees, grass, and sky around you, creating a ring of purple and white around everyone.

"~STOP. NO!~" hanami echoed in his strange language. he tried to move but you held him down, looking him in the eye while you laughed manically and set the whole forest ablaze.

you didn't want to give him the sweet relief of death, that's would be far too easy. you wanted him to hurt. to feel pain.

burning down the forest seemed to do the trick, though it didn't really align with your views. 'small sacrifices.' you thought.

megumi watched you. though he was in excruciating pain, one happy thought passed through his mind, keeping him from taking his eyes off you, "that crazy bitch."

hanami tried again to remove the tree branch from your core, which you realized was attached to his arm.

"uh uh uh." you tsked, holding the bark. he was noticeably weaker now. 'he's energy comes from the plant life around him?'

you took a look around at your handiwork. the once beautiful forest was now black, ash and smoke twirling in the air. "i think i did a pretty good job, dontcha think?" you asked the curse cheerfully. "oh, you cryin'?" your smile flipped to an insincere frown, glancing at the branch that was still through your body.

placing a hand on his arm, you lit up your palm and started to slowly melt through him. "i've got it." you whispered through his screams. you noticed a blanketed section on his shoulder but paid no mind.

now that you were no longer attached to hanami, you stood up, still ignoring the log in your core. hanami layed in the ground in shock, unable to move or think.

"well, i think you two can handle it from here, yeah?" you smirked at todo and itadori, burning off the excess wood that was sticking out of you. that was when you noticed the hundreds of splinters that riddled your hands.

the whole area smelt like smoke and it was getting harder to breathe, though everyone else seemed fine.

all it took was one step away from hanami to make you black out.

and todo was right there to catch his little sister.

°°°

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

"good morning to you to, meg." you groaned at his yelling. you had barely opened your eyes before megumi opened his mouth. taking in your surroundings, you inhaled the warm orange sun light that filled the hospital room.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING??" megumi was seated by your bed side the second they allowed him to leave his room. his hair was a mess and the bags under his eyes were inflamed.

"how's your tummy ache." you pouted half jokingly, slowly regaining memory. "by the way, do you have a change of clothes for me? i don't know how i feel about having my ass out in this hospital gown."

realizing that you won't take him seriously while he's yelling, he took a deep breath and answered, "i'll be fine as long as i have this shit with me." he mumbled, pointing at his i.v. pole.