X03- suits & glass

"wow."

megumi mumbled as you walked down the stairs, barely audible and mouth slightly ajar. the silk white pantsuit you wore reflected light as if you were a pearl. the formal event's dress code required ladies to wear dresses, but did you really care? the most they're getting are your sparkly heels.

"hi, meg." you waved.

"yes. whatever you want, i'll do it." he replied quickly, not even understanding the words exiting your lips. giggling at his stiffness, you walked over to him, cupped his face, and lightly kissed his cheek, deepening his blush.

"be careful, you'll break him." gojo noted, rising from the common room sofa. "ready to go, kid?" wearing a classic black and white suit, he didn't bother to switch from his blindfold to sunglasses, as the event you were both required to attend wasn't something he was looking forward to.

"of course." all you understood about the formal event was that it was a place for adult sorcerers to talk and network. but, for the past ten years, a blessed sorcerer was never present due to your father's death and you being too young. now that you were of age, they forced you to go, even though you were still in your teens.

slinking your arm to lock it with gojo's, you started to walk towards the door.

"you look great!" the raven-haired finally gained the courage to speak. you turned your head and winked at him, nearly making his knees give up on him.

°°°

"welcome to the shittiest gala i have ever been to." after a long (private jet) flight to spain, you've finally arrived at your destination. satoru's usual cheery attitude was sucked out of him, making him slightly less annoying. "lucky nanami actually has an excuse not to be here this year."

the two of you strutted into the huge ballroom. the lights were a weird, old yellow that only increased the artificial feeling in the area. everything felt so... fake. the smiles, the jewelry, hell, even the food looked like plastic. it was easy to understand why gojo hated it here.

he inhaled sharply as an old man walked up to you two, quickly plastering on his smirk. "hello, morow."

"gojo, how are you." the man said, flashing his yellow teeth. the stench of cigar smoke hit you like a damned truck. it kinda made you grateful that he wasn't giving you any attention.

gojo picked up two champagne glasses, handing one to you (a/n: legal age to drink in spain is 16). "ah, as great as ever." he lied, glancing off into the distance. this awarded the old man the opportunity to lay his beady eyes on you. they scanned your body like a metal detector, eyes lingering on your no-no squares.

"i felt your energy from across the room."

"i'm afraid that's how blessed energy works, sir." you didn't bother to smile at him.

"well," he sighed. "i'm afraid that the dress code required ladies to wear dresses. but since it's your first time—"

"i appreciate you voicing your opinion, but i never asked, nor do i give a fuck."

the people around you gasped. "well, i think it's time for us to meet more people!" gojo cheered, guiding you away from the man who looked like he was going to explode. "i need a drink, and you might as well. you drank before, right?"

"yeah, just now." you shrugged at the empty champagne flute in your hand.

"oh, yeah, i forgot." alcohol has no effect on blessing users. wine was like drinking overpriced grape juice. "well, i need a drink." he dragged you to the only available seat at the crowded bar, allowing you to sit down. however, from this position, the bartender wouldn't be able to notice him.