034- dads & death

"MAKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!"

"aww, i missed you two brats!"

after defeating this weird guy who's cursed technique makes it so that the harder you hit him, the less effective the attack, you joined megumi in beating this weird... octopus guy.

gege is making it very hard to write fanfiction.

the octopus motherfucker had his domain up, and to pierce into it, megumi casted his domain, building a tornado of dark energy and allowing the two of you to enter.

you were both in the eye of the tornado, up in the sky as you looked down to what seemed to be a beach. nanami, maki, and other students from the kyoto school were on the sand. your sudden entrance caught dr. oc's attention.

"GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE!!" you yelled at the sorcerers. "WE CAN'T KEEP THE PORTAL OPEN FOR LONG." megumi's domain was acting as a portal from the real world to the octopus' domain. at the sound of your voice, they all started running towards you. you caught a glimpse of blood trickling down nanami's forehead, and his eye seemed to be injured.

"shit." megumi besides you muttered. you already had one hand occupied, using blessed energy to help him keep the portal open. but the majority of the work was up to him. you used your other arm to send balls of purple flames towards the octopus curse, in hopes that it would help your friends get here closer.

"they're almost here, c'mon." you grunted, finally feeling the effects of straining your muscles.

but                 the                  portal

just           kept          closing

  and    getting   smaller

and   smaller

andsmaller

.

two arms poked out of the portal, followed by a whole body of a man with straight black hair and a scar over his lip.

a man with zero cursed energy just jumped into a domain, willingly.

he looked insane.

he also looked like megumi.

he jumped out and snatched the bow stick out of maki's hand, who was now a lot closer to you and the remnants of portal.

"meg?"

"no use." he answered you, wiping the blood off his nose and resting his hands on his knees in a crouch. "the hole is closed. and that thing knows our plan too. it won't let us open another one that easily."

"TOJI??!" the old man from the kyoto school yelled as the man ran straight to the curse.

"who the hell is that guy?" you asked the group. it was still unclear if you should let your guard down. the man, toji, was superhumanly fast. you wanted to compare him to maki, but you couldn't feel any cursed energy off of him, dragging you further into a spiral of confusion.

"a ghost." nanami muttered. "apologies, but we're gonna have to bet on him."

toji destroyed the curse in two minutes flat.

"...the domain!" maki span around to see that the domain of the curse had fallen with it. nanami silently did a headcount of the people who were around him, and couldn't find you.