Chapter 17 - Show me

*Day of Steve's party*

Bucky had taken Steve out for lunch so we could all decorate the main floor of the tower and surprise him. Most of the decor was red, white and blue for obvious reasons but Wanda was hanging gold and silver from the ceiling using her magic to break it up and it made the room shine.

Nat and I were stocking up the bar with every possible alcohol.

"There are times when I am very grateful for Tony's billions, parties are one of them"

Nat laughed at me, "Amen to that".

I looked around at the pictures of Steve from now and the 40s hanging around the room. Hanging at the end of the bar was an old picture of Steve and Bucky:

 Hanging at the end of the bar was an old picture of Steve and Bucky:

"They went through hell didn't they" I thought aloud. Nat stopped and looked at the picture I had my eyes on.

"They did. They both gave up everything in the war and god knows it's not been easy for them since, especially Bucky" Nat replied.

"It must be hard. Knowing the life you were meant to live never happend." I couldn't take my eyes off of Bucky. He looked so young and had already been through Hydra's experiments. The life he would live after this picture was taken was unthinkable.

"Maybe it is, but they found each other again. They're not totally alone" Nat sounded almost wistful.

"You don't talk much about where you're from Nat"

"Neither do you y/n" she replied

"Fair enough." I moved closer to her put my arm around her shoulders, "Just so you know, you're not alone either. Bucky is Steve's brother just like you're my sister"

She smiled warmly at me, "You too    y/n. You actually remind me a lot of my little sister from back home"

"Wait you have a real sister?!"

"Yeah, who knows maybe you'll meet her one day. But you are my real sister too and I'm happy I've got you" I smiled back at her as the elevator pinged open and Steve and Bucky walked out.

"Wow you guys, this is amazing. Thank you" Steve said as Bucky clapped him on his shoulder.

"Glad it's sparkly enough for you Cap" Tony said landing in his suit after finishing the lights. "Now everyone, may I suggest we get dressed, guests will be arriving soon."

We packed up the boxes the decorations came out of and all went to get ready. As usual, Nat, Wanda and I all got ready together but we were in Nat's room this time.

"Anyone bringing dates tonight?" Nat asked.

"I'm going with Vision" Wanda replied smiling widely,"What about you y/n?"

"Oh no definitely not" I replied.

"You need to get back out there eventually girl!" Nat said.

"Yeah no thanks. Anyone I date will be a target, it's not specific to Bucky so it is the single life for me". It made me sad but it is what it is.