Chapter 24 - Moments like these

"You are not wheeling me off of here on a stretcher like some goddamn invalid!" I said, pulling the ECG leads off my chest.

"You almost drowned less than 12 hours ago y/n" Bucky said, exacerberated by my stubborness.

"I am well aware of that Barnes" I said getting severely pissed off at everyone babying me.

"Ooo she last named you" Clint said.

"She's almost as stubborn as you Buck" Steve said with a small chuckle and Bucky looked at him with a 'seriously?!' expression.

"You need to take it easy y/n, let us look after you" Sam said trying to reason with me.

I glared at him, "Do you remember me slamming you against that wall *I point to the side of the jet* last time you treated me like a fragile child? Or do you need a refresher?"

Clint was laughing hysterically and Tony had a proud grin on his face, "Wow Wilson, you kept that one quiet. I wonder why" Tony quiped.

Bucky huffed and turned back to me, "Y/n please"

"No Bucky. I'm fine.... physically at least" I added quietly, my confidence wavering. "I'm here to get better but that doesn't mean I have to spend the whole time in a hospital bed." I slip off the bench I'd been led on and stumbled slightly, not helping my argument but Bucky wrapped an arm around my waist and held me up.

"Ok. But I'm not leaving your side for a second." He said to me.

"Clingy much?" I said but he could tell it was humour. I smiled, "You know I wouldn't have it any other way"

Tony opened the back of the jet and we all walked on, Bucky at my side holding my hand and Steve in front.

Steve embraced a man I didn't know. "Thank you T'Challa. Your help means a great deal to us."

"It is our pleasure my friend." T'Challa looked over at Bucky, stepped forward and shook the hand not holding mine, "You look well White Wolf"

Bucky smiled, "I am, thank you. And thank you for letting us come. I know I have no right to ask for any favours after all you have already done for me"

T'Challa put his hand on Bucky's soldier, "I do not consider you indebted to me Sergeant Barnes. I am happy we could help you." T'Challa looked to me, "I hope that now we can help you too y/n"

"Thank you. Me too" I replied with a small smile.

"So the broken white boy has brought me a broken y/skincolour girl?" a young girl said as she walked out of the palace.

Bucky chuckled, "Nice to see you too Shuri"

"It'd be nicer if we weren't standing around outside in this heat." She replied, turning to T'Challa.

"Let us go inside, my sister and I will show you to your rooms" T'Challa said and we followed him into the palace.

It was buzzing with activity. Members of the Dora Milaje walked passed us and nodded to their King as groups of gentlemen seemed engrossed in important conversation. Each floor of the palace was bursting with vibrant colours and artefacts that revealed the history of the Wakanda. It was truly stunning. We reached the upper floors and T'Challa stopped, turning to us.

"This floor is exclusively yours. You are welcome to use any of our facilities including the gym and I hope you will find time to explore the Kingdom. Now if you will excuse me, I have a council meeting to attend" T'Chall said.

Tony shook his hand, "Much appreciated your highness"

T'Challa nodded and left us. I turned to Shuri nervously.