Fifty-Eight: All These Things

An: I'm not dead. Yay. This is very long, just for u <3. Ignore my typos its 1 am and im too tired to proof read ill fix it tomorrow.

In which Batbitch finally grows some brain cells (but not enough), has an existential crisis, and calls his mom to come pick him up cause he's scared. Our fav boy scout makes an appearance w some *angst* and Percy manages to turn an interrogation into therapy (but not for her lmao that girl gonna die w her trauma buried in her closet.) Have fun. Also happy late pride :)

3rd P.O.V:

Bruce Wayne didn't know what to make of Percy Jackson.

On the one hand, she acted like an insufferable child. Immature and lazy, filling the heads of his proteges with nonsense and useless information. She dressed like she slept in her clothes, which was probably true. She was insubordinate, loud, and all around a mess.

But on the other hand...

To say it simply, he had never met someone like her. And that made her dangerous. She was unpredictable. She acted like a helpless fool, but when she actually showed her hand? She proved herself to be calculating. A master strategist. A manipulator. A leader. A powerhouse the likes of which he had never seen.

Superman might have been a god among men, but Bruce had the most unsettling feeling that Percy was a human amongst gods.

Demigod.

She called herself demigod.

That implies mortality.

The idea of immortal beings, with twice as much power, at least, left unchecked, unsupervised, and unmonitored? It scared him. It scared him a lot.

But who was he?

Who was he in this world of gods?

Percy had described her childhood, although it was a stretch to call it that. And although she had admittedly left major holes in her stories, opting instead for a summary, it was easy to see their differences. Percy was a soldier. Trained to kill. She was the original child solider, the original living weapon.

He was just a man.

His worries had only increased at the latest news from the Cave. Slade had attacked. And Percy took him down with a wave of her hand and a few...choice words. She controlled him better than any superhero would have. Her words and her tactics made Bruce realize two things: Percy wasn't concerned with death, whether it was her own or her enemies, and Percy was a lot more powerful than he had ever realized, ever even imagined. The idea of being able to flash freeze someone's blood? To kill them without a blink of an eye? It scared him and he had bo real way to stop her. And he didn't really know what he was going to do about it.

Bruce had always liked contingency plans. Backups and failsafes, a thousand and one things waiting in the wings for his own preparedness. But Percy... He didn't have one for her. Hell, he carried kryptonite with him everywhere he went on the off chance Superman went dark side. But Percy? She could kill him before he even had a chance.

He couldn't limit her powers, not if she could physically feel and manipulate his very blood stream. And even if he could, he'd have to find a weapon that would kill her AND be able to beat her with it. And he had seen Percy fight, without powers, and honestly? He wasn't sure that he could.

He hadn't seen the sword before; not up close at least. He figured it was the same one she used when she had faced that... thing in Alaska. And he knew it wasn't absurd to assume that is was the same one she had since she was 12. And based on everything else he knew about her, he knew she was probably damn good with it, better than he could ever hope to be.