Six: In Other Words, I Was Pulling A Kakashi

Percy P.O.V:

I know that to the untrained eye, it might seem like I was just messing with these kids, not really training them. I mean, stealing shoelaces and duct-taping somebody's feet to the floor? That's a great challenge? Well, in this case, the untrained eye is 100% right. I am just messing with them. Well, they do need to be stealthy and quite to succeed. They need to be patient and have a gentle touch. They need to work as a team. All of these things were good qualities and it certainly wouldn't hurt for them to learn, but really, I was testing how much I could bullshit them before they decided that it was nonsense. And why not have a little fun doing it? In conclusion, I am an asshole that should never be trusted with the education of young, impressionable children.

For the next few days, I would be toying with them. My goal was to make them as frustrated and annoyed as possible. Then, when one of them figured it out, they would challenge my authority and I would kick their ass. I would rattle off all the things that I was "teaching" them and "testing" them on. Then, if anything ever happened where I needed them to do something that sounded completely outrageous and stupid in order to pull off some fanatic plan, they would do it without hesitation. In other words, I was pulling a Kakashi. Yeah, I should really stop watching anime; it seems to be influencing my teaching methods and Diana would not approve. Then again, Diana practically begged me to be here and has no right to question my "teaching" methods.

As the team struggled to get loose from my duct-tape trap after my little spiel about the "I am your enemy" crap, I walked to the room Diana had told me would be mine. After wandering around for a good 20 minutes, I finally found it. I walked in and locked the door behind me. The kiddies were no doubt free by now and I didn't need them busting in on me folding my underwear.

I looked around the bland room. The door was positioned in the middle of the wall. The room was small, about 8 ft by 8 ft. The walls were painted a dull, light grey color. Directly across from the door was a white framed window with white curtains that overlooked the ocean. To the left of the door was a silver, metal bunk bed with the bottom bunk missing. In its place was a black desk and dark blue office chair. The bed was done in white sheets and a thin quilt the same blue as the chair. On the right side of the room, there was a sleek black bookshelf that went to the ceiling. Next to it, a matching square wardrobe with electric blue knobs. At the far end of the right wall, there was another door which was probably a bathroom. The floor was a dark grey concrete with a square, shaggy, light blue rug covering most of it. Diana had defiantly added all the blue highlights, which I appreciated.

I set my bags down on the floor. I unpacked my backpack first since it was just full of clothes. There were four drawers in the wardrobe. I filled the top with underwear and socks, the second with mostly long sleeve shirts and about 2 short sleeves, the third with leggings, jeans and one pair of shorts, leaving the fourth empty. I opened the top of my wardrobe and hung up the jackets I had brought with me, lining the bottom of the space with my combat boots, blue Chuck Taylor's, flip flops and the running shoes I had come in with. I shoved my backpack along side the right of the inner wall of the wardrobe, my combat boots pressing against it. I sorrowfully looked around my new room, knowing I would trash it in a matter of days... I was just about to unpack the duffle bag I had brought, which held all of my weapons when there was a sharp knock at the door. Wow. They found my room faster than I did. Sad.

I approached the door, ready for an attack, probably a tackling, so I opened it only a little bit. I was met face to face with Batman, Flash, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Martian Man-Hunter, and Superman. So the little kiddies already tattled on me... Wimps.

"Hello, heroes of Earth. What can I do for you?" I aksed pleasantly, opening the door all the way. Diana would probably not appreciate it if I acted like an uncultured mouth-breather in front of her clubhouse friends, so I decided to play nice. Well, I was going to play nice until I realized that Aquaman's eyes weren't his bright ocean blue. Instead, this Aquaman had light blue eyes. I know, it seems like a far fetched thing to notice, but Arthur Curry was my great-nephew, I think I know what his eye color is. Miss Martian, however, didn't. I smiled.

"Nice work, kiddies. You almost had me fooled. Lesson 2: Attention to detail will save your life. Now if you excuse me, I have unpacking to do." And with that lovely sentiment, I slammed the door in their faces.

Kaldur P.O.V:

When M'gahn suggested that we masquerade as the Justice League in order to catch Percy off guard, it seemed like a fantastic idea. We pulled up pictures off all our mentors and as Percy opened the door, M'gahn tricked Percy's mind into seeing the League. It had been hard work for M'gahn to get inside Percy's mind to even just trick it a little. Her mental walls were so strong that M'gahn had insisted that we all wore our mentor's costumes in order to help with the illusion. It was surprising to learn that our new instructor's mind was so strong. She would prove to be a worthy enemy and teacher.

As Percy creaked open the door at our knock, her eyes seemed to convey disappointment at our appearance. Had we already failed? Yet Percy opened the door all the way and greeted us with a cheery "Hello, heroes of Earth. What can I do for you?" We froze. In all of our excitement, we hadn't planned what we were going to say. On top of that problem, even if one of us did come up with something to say, M'gahn had barely managed to hack Percy's eyes, and that was with the help of the costumes. She would have to edit every word to fit the hero's voice, tone, accent, slang, speed, everything. We really hadn't thought this through. However, our awkward silence had barley begun, at this point, it could have been a casual pause, yet Percy leaned forward the smallest bit, looking, no, studying, my eyes. She cracked a smile.

"Nice work, kiddies. You almost had me fooled. Lesson 2: Attention to detail will save your life. Now if you excuse me, I have unpacking to do." She then proceeded to slam the door in our faces. It took me a moment to realize how she found us out. She was studying my eyes. M'gahn must have got the color off. For Percy to realize such a small detail within so little time...Percy Jackson was turning out to be much better at her job than we had originally given her credit for...