Thirty-Four: Whirlwind

Robin P.O.V:

I was useless. I got us captured. I put us in a situation that we never needed to be in, a situation that never should have happened. Then, to top it off, the plan I came up with to get us out (and to make up for the fact it was my dumb idea that gout us caught) failed spectacularly.

I was so not feeling the aster.

I could tell Percy was beyond mad at us, especially me. When M'gahn told us that she wouldn't even help with the break out, I knew she was supremely turbed. I wouldn't put it past her to get me kicked off the Team for my mistake. My stupid mistake that got us all captured.

At this rate, I would never make the Justice League.

We were hauled back towards the wall, the shock/inhibitor collars that we had brought were placed around our necks. This just kept getting better and better.

I should have come up with a better plan. I should have accounted for the fact that some of the villains in here knew their way around a computer. I was so used to facing muscle heads that I completely forgot about the evil masterminds and mad scientists. The signal I had barely managed to send was shut down before it ever got started. Not to mention it probably sent the League to the other side of the country, if not the world. Who knows, the inmates could have made it seem like it came from outer space.

I glanced hesitantly towards Percy. She seemed more annoyed than afraid. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She did get tortured for 22 hours. Who knows what it would take to scare her.

"That was a nice try kiddos. Unfortunately, we are not your run of the mill bad guys. It is gonna take a lot more than that to take us down." Icicle Jr. laughed, pressing a button and sending a sharp electric shock to all the collars. It was much stronger than the one that we had on when we were last held captive with Percy. I felt my eyes drooping as I screamed and fought to stay conscious.

"Okie dokie." I heard a voice off to the right of me. Percy? What was she doing? To my surprise, Percy stood up completely, apparently having released herself from her bonds a while ago.

Sit down." Icicle Jr. shouted, sending another shock to her collar specifically. I winced. To my surprise, Percy didn't seem all that affected by the high voltage shock of electricity.

"I'd rather not, if I'm being honest. I've been sitting for a while you know? Time to stretch my legs."

"I said SIT DOWN!" Icicle Jr. sent another powerful jolt of electricity into Percy's next. She let out a slight laugh.

"Stop, that tickles." Panic began to cross the villain's face. Frantically, he sent another shock Percy's way. A much more powerful one this time. Percy only sighed.

"Listen Popsicle, you're outta your depth. Why don't you just sit back relax and watch the show. I promise it will be entertaining." He screamed, and charged at Percy. With a yawn and one fluid motion, Percy had Icicle Jr. on the floor with a bloody nose and what was going to be one hell of a head ache. She turned towards the other villains, a bored expression on her face.

"Who's next?"

I watch in helpless fascination as roughly 250 super-powered villains even the Justice League had trouble with charge Percy. She got into no fighting stance and held no weapon. She just waited.

She rolled her eyes, stomping her foot, causing the ground to shake and cracks to appear on the floor. The sudden jolt sent many of them off balance and she took it as an opportunity to leap into action.

From where I was sitting beaten up and slightly electrocuted on the floor, I had a hard time seeing just what Percy was doing. However, I had a feeling even if I wasn't trying to stay conscious, Percy would have been a blur. 

Artemis P.O.V:

I watched a Percy ripped the enemy apart. Where we, the proteges of the Justice League, had failed with our six man team and meticulous training had failed miserably, Percy had no trouble succeeding.

She fought hundreds of super-powered, evil, well trained villains all at the same time without a weapon and without the use of any powers save for the foot stomp at the beginning. And she was winning.

The woman I had originally ridiculed for being young and therefore inexperienced, was winning where even the Justice League would probably struggle. The fact that she was doing it alone was what really made me realize just how good Percy was.

Sure, over the last few weeks, Percy has defiantly proved to be an amazing teacher. She improved every single one of us. Sometimes in ways we didn't even realize. But she couldn't shoot a bow like me. She couldn't fly like M'gahn. She wasn't strong like Connor or fast like Wally. She couldn't do flips like Robin and she wasn't Atlantean like Kaldur. She was our teacher. She was a great teacher. But she wasn't a hero. I guess I never got over that.

But watching her now, I had to wonder, was she? Had she been a hero? Someone who fought bad guys and saved people? It was strange, imagining Percy in a costume. But that was the only explanation.

Percy delivered a sharp roundhouse to the side of an inmate's head before spinning and elbowing another. She ducked under a punch to her head and at the same time dropped into a sweep kick, knocking everyone close to her off their feet and onto the ground. She didn't have a particular style, she fought more like she was on the street. She fought dirty and she fought to win.

It was fascinating to watch. Many of the villains here trained in martial arts, were masters even. Yet Percy came at them with back alley tactics and wild moves I've never seen. She was highly trained, without a doubt; but something about the way she fought with that training seemed strange. It was almost as if she was just fighting on instinct alone, relying on reflexes and skill to get her through the fight.

Almost everyone she touched was left unconscious and bloody on the floor. She fought like a demon, a vicious whirlwind. She jumped over someone's leg and landed, just managing to catch a jab to the ribs and duck a blow to the head. She pulled the villain's wrist forward, sending them flying into another. Someone came up behind her, grabbing her in a choke hold but she rammed her head into their chin before throwing them over her shoulder and onto the ground.

The craziest part of the battle was the metahuman aspects. Nearly every single one of Percy's enemies fought with the intent to kill and had superpowers. She dodged fireballs, acid attacks, spears of ice, gusts of wind, and bolts of lightning. She punched one of the inmates in the face before throwing his body over her shoulder and crouching to the ground, the unconscious villain taking the attack of cinder blocks for her.

As she threw the body off of her, a wave of water crashed down on her. The force looked like it could crush a tank and it fell directly onto her head.

"No!" I heard Wally scream as he desperately tried to vibrate out of his hand cuffs. All he received for his efforts was a nasty shock.

"Oh my Gods..." I heard Kaldur whisper. I turned to him and upon seeing the look of shock on his face, followed his gaze to see Percy, standing completely dry, the huge wave that had crashed on her gathering at her feet. All of the villains took a step back as the water around Percy began to slowly rise around her. 
Something had changed in her demeanor. My eyes widened as I realized that Percy had just become actually serious about the battle. Her previously bored and impassive face took on a much darker, much scarier look. She chuckled darkly.

"So you wanna play with water, huh?" She asked, her voice deep and almost...broken? She looked up, a terrifying glint in her eyes. The villains attempted to move away from her but their efforts were in vain. She raised her hands and the water followed, forming a small hurricane around her, the pull strong enough to draw the villains closer to her again.

"Then let's play."

With a scream, the swirling water shot outwards, knocking every standing inmate to the ground, the force of the water hitting their chests knocking them unconscious. Percy turned towards us, her eyes no longer terrifying but sad. She flicked her wrist and all of our chains and inhibitor collars froze, rendering them useless and easily breakable.

"Come on guys," she said with a sigh, looking around at the hundreds of unconscious bodies surrounding her. She turned and walked towards the front door of Bel Rev Prison.

"Let's blow this popsicle stand."