Seventeen: I Mean...It's Percy

Will P.O.V:

I followed the strange boy through the winding tunnels of the cave I had landed in. What in the world was Percy doing here? I decided that it could wait. I needed to find her.

After running for a minute or two, we came upon a sliding door that was open a crack. Upon closer inspection, I could see a slight amount of blood splatter on the frame. I pushed past the kid and burst into the room.

Percy was lying on the floor, her once blue sweatshirt soaked through with blood, turning it purple. I took in a sharp breath. I turned to the boy that led me here and saw that he was pale, his eyes wide. A brief flutter of movement caught my eye. I looked to see a red-headed man leaning against the wall. He too appeared to be in shock. Great.

"Out." I barked. They both scrambled out of the room and I heard the door slide shut and lock. I turned back to Percy. I took a deep breath and got to work.

Wally P.O.V:

We had been standing outside Percy's room for hours. Literal hours, not just really slow seconds. Percy and the weird kid from before had been locked in that room together for such a long time, it was driving me insane. What could they even be doing in there? Percy wasn't that injured. Was she? No, she got up instantly and carried her torturer through the Cave. She's going to be fine. I mean...It's Percy.

"You should have stayed with them," Batman growled at Roy and Kaldur. They both looked down. After much confusion, we had run and found Kaldur and Roy sitting in front of Percy's door. Waiting. The rest of us had joined them. After the first few hours, most of us sat down against the floor. In different circumstances, it would have been a quite funny sight.

I looked up from my place on the floor as I heard a faint click and the sliding of the metal door against the stone of the Cave. A blonde head of hair popped out of the doorway. The strange boy looked out at us, a solemn look on his face.

"I need some help carrying her to the med bay." He said in a quiet voice. Conner jumped up and held out his arms.

"Be careful with her," the blonde continued. "We can't afford to reopen any of her wounds." Conner nodded, picking Percy up with the utmost care.

"This way," I told him, leading the blonde and Conner down the hallways, the rest of the group trailing close behind. As we made our way through the Cave, Conner held Percy as still as he possibly could, careful not to let her bump into any walls. This was slightly difficult as Connor couldn't really see where her feet ended and where her limbs hung as she was covered in several long, dark blue sheets.

The blonde had Connor set her down on top of a wide metal table. He then pulled over a long tray of tools already prepped for emergency surgery after missions.

"Everyone out. This area is officially a cleanroom. No one comes in or out without scrubbing in." The blonde pushed us all out of the room before stepping into a detox room. He pulled the curtain shut and re-emerged in full scrubs. He then locked down the room and vented it. It was officially a clean room and we had no way of looking in on whatever surgery the blonde planned on performing.

Will P.O.V:

I walked over to Percy and pulled on a pair of latex gloves. Taking a deep breath, I pulled the top sheet up over Percy's feet and rolled it over her chest, the bottom sheet still covering her from the waist down. With her midriff exposed in the bright, fluorescent lighting of the emergency O.R., I could see just how extensive the damage done to her internal organs was. I could also see how brutal the scarring was around her stomach but that was a conversation for another time. For now, I had to focus on stopping the internal bleeding and remove the bits of shrapnel from a broken blade out of her body before they reached her heart. This was going to be one of the hardest surgeries of my life. You always did like to challenge me, Percy. I picked up a scalpel from the table and set to work.

Roy P.O.V:

6 hours. 6 hours we waited outside the emergency O.R. Not to mention the 2 we waited outside her room. What the hell happened to her?? I found it very hard to believe she was tortured to this extent and lived. But then, I've never been tortured so wouldn't really know. I've never really met her either. Who knows how much punishment she could or couldn't take.

"Hey Batman," I heard Robin ask. "You never told us how long we were gone. With Percy being as hurt as she was, I guess we just forgot to ask." Batman looked uncomfortable answering the question. Black Canary stepped in.

"It doesn't matter how long you were gone. What matters is that you're back now." She smiled a very forced smile. Robin stared her down. I instinctively leaned back. When Rob puts on 'The Bat Glare'™, you want to back up.

"How long. Were we. Gone?" He asked again, his eyes practically burning holes in Black Canary's forehead. She stiffened a little, shifting under his glare.

"You were gone for 22 hours." She said with a sigh and a purse of her lips. The Team looked stunned. Artemis let out a laugh.

"Please." She stated, her eyes rolling in disbelief. "She was tortured for 22 hours? No. We were only awake for 25, 40 minutes. No way." Batman looked at her.

"What do you mean only awake for 25, 40 minutes? You're saying that all of you were unconscious for 21 hours at a minimum?" Batman asked, an incredulous tone in his voice. Kaldur looked up at him.

"Are you implying that this was a setup? No. Percy almost died trying to save me. She almost died trying to save all of us. I will not allow you, superior or not, to imply that she was trying to do consort with an enemy." Batman opened his mouth to speak but he was cut off by a loud scream come from the other side of the Cave.