Thirty-Two: Bruce Wayne, At Your Service

Percy P.O.V:

Thursday. A blessed day. See, on Friday, I could just sleep in, pack up and leave, so Thursday was really my last full day of work.

I was so done with this place.

Don't get me wrong, the Kiddies have grown on me, but I swear to the gods if I have to be put through one more of Batman's little tests I am going to ka-shoot myself.

He is always hovering over every little thing I do! Make a sandwich? Bam, Batman. Watch TV? Cappow, Dark Knight. Do my fucking job? Bruce Wayne, at your service.

If he doesn't stop lurking, I am going to kill everyone in this room and then myself. Annabeth will not be pleased to learn that Batman has single handedly brought back my suicidal tendencies...

Anyhoo.

I usually didn't have the kiddos do a ton on Thursdays, I usually used it as a reflection and rest day. We did some stretching, talked about the past week's training, somethings to think about, and then I left them to their devices.

Gods I sound like a little league coach.

Eh he. Little League. I guess that is what they are. I'm so funny.

Given that Thursday's are usually rest days, you can imagine my surprise when I walked into the common room and all of them had full gear on.

"What's going on?" I ask, crossing my arms and gaining the attention of everyone in the room. Batman grimaced slightly at my entrance.

"Mission brief. You don't need to be here for this." I rolled my eyes at the Bat's gruff remark.

"What kind of mission?" I ask nonchalantly, curious as to what the Team actually did. In my 2 months of working here, I never actually saw them on a mission. They told me they were having a "quite phase". M'gahn excitedly whipped around to inform me, happy as usual.

"We are going on a prison break!" She cheered, as if that was the best thing in the world. Artemis rolled her eyes.

"No, we are containing a prison break. Bel Rev is having some issues with a couple new inmates. We need to go and take hold of the situation." I nodded at the blonde's explanation. It made sense. This was basically the kind of work I expected them to be doing. Stuff the League was too powerful to handle and stuff your run of the mill heroes weren't equiped to handle. A boring middle ground.

"Can I come?" I asked, taking everyone in the room by surprise.

"No." Naturally, the Prince of Gotham was the first to recover. And naturally, his answer was one I was not going to listen to.

"I would only be going to observe, Batboy. I want to see how they work in an actual battle." Batman groaned, seeing the logic in my argument. He made one last attempt to stop me.

"You don't have hero training." I raised my eyebrows at him, looking around the room.

"Uh. Earth to 'world's greatest detective', I am literally training heroes. In what universe do I not have hero training??" I was beyond exasperated with him at this point. I am going to stuff him in a box, throw him into the ocean, and drown him. Not even Annabeth was going to be able to stop me.

The Batman sighed in defeat, accepting his fate.

"Fine. But you are NOT to interfere. Under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES." I gave him a look.

"If they are literally staring into the jaws of death, with zero strength left and no backup plan, can I interfere?" Batsy boi threw up his hands in frustration and stomped away. Percy: 27, Batman: 0.

Kaldur turned to his teammates. I always seem to forget he is the team leader.

"Meet at the Bioship in 15 minutes." The rest of them nodded, before turning and going off to pack. Kaldur turned to me.

"Do you have suitable clothing? A mask perhaps?" I thought for a second.

"I got the clothes, and I'll just have Robin give me his extra domino. I know he has like, 30." Kaldur smiled slightly.

"That he does. I will see you on the Bioship Percy."

Robin P.O.V:

We soon were all loaded up on the Bioship. Well, all of us except Percy. Mere seconds later, we saw a dark figure run up to the ship. Upon closer inspection, it was Percy running up to greet us.

Her short, black hair hung slightly in her face, but there wasn't much she could do with it, especially since it was only a little longer than mine. She had on a dark blue turtle neck with a black kevlar vest and metal arm guards. She had on loose black cargo pants and steel toed combat boots. Shee looked around at us surveying our expressions.

"What? It's not like I actually have a hero costume." She grumbled slightly. She held out her hand to me, giving me a look. I rolled my eyes but pulled out my spare black domino mask, pressing it into her open hand which was covered in a thin black glove.

She pressed the domino mask to her face, blinking to adjust it. M'gahn created an extra seat in the back for Percy and once she was strapped in, took off, flying out of the hanger and towards Bel Rev Prison.