Five: So Her Last Name Was Jackson.

Monday

Percy P.O.V:

By some miracle, my mother had elected to not murder me. How or why? No clue, but even I'm not stupid enough to ask. Probably something about getting me off the couch and out of the house. In any case, Monday had arrived. I was excited yes, but I was also terrified. What if I taught them something wrong? What if they tried to apply what I taught them and they died because of it? I didn't even know how old these proteges were. What if one of them was like 10 and I got them killed?! There were so many things that could go wrong with this, but I told Diana I would be here. Plus, free rocky road and an opportunity to mess with people.

Robin P.O.V:

When Wonder Woman had come to us on Thursday and announced that we would be getting a new instructor, we all had varied reactions. Kaldur was generally whelmed with only a small inkling of curiosity, M'gahn was excited and was looking forward to it, Conner didn't really care, Wally was mostly concerned if our instructor would be hot or not, Artemis was interested and had been working hard to sharpen her skills to impress our new instructor and I had been trying to dig up everything on Wonder Woman's "old friend". Diana had introduced our instructor as Percy. Just Percy. No last name, nothing. I had absolutely no idea who this person was, which bothered me more than it probably should have.

I was zapped out of my thoughts by the Zeta Tube announcing our new instructor's arrival.

"Wonder Woman, A12. Percy Jackson, C3." The Zeta Tube announced. So her last name was Jackson. Good to know. Out of the ZT stepped Wonder Woman in civilian clothes, which I guess made her Diana. At her side was a very young-looking woman with onyx black hair cut in a crew cut. She had a small duffle bag and a backpack. So I guess that means she's staying for a while... She had on navy blue running shoes, thin-looking black leggings and a long-sleeve army green shirt with a puffy black vest zipped all the way up.

At the announcement of her arrival, the rest of the team began filing into the room, all of us were in our civies. I pushed up my glasses and began walking toward our new instructor.

"Children," Diana began, "I would like you to meet your new instructor, Percy. She is an old friend of mine and she will be able to teach you things that even the Justice League doesn't know about. When she is on duty, her word is law. Should you ever happen to be in the field with her, which is unlikely, do exactly as she says. She will save your life. Now, I have matters of my own to attend to, so I must be off. I will be here on Tuesday to check up on you." After her spiel, she turned to the woman, who had been dubbed Percy and our new instructor, gave her a look that I couldn't quite read and left via ZT. As soon as she left Percy doubled over laughing, taking us a by surprise.

"Does she always talk like that around you guys?!" Percy asked. "Oh man, that was gold. She is never going to live that down. Ha. I'm Percy by the way." We got over our initial shock and began to introduce ourselves.

"Hey, I'm Wally. Or Kid Flash. Whatever you prefer, beautiful." Oh my god, he winked at the end. I swear his mouth is going to get him killed one day. To all of our surprise, Percy just smiled.

"Hey Wally, I'm Percy. Also, I'm super gay, so your outa luck there brohime. Nice try though." Percy then proceeded to pat Wally on the shoulder. I cracked a smile. I was beginning to like our instructor.

"Hi, I'm M'gahn. Or Megan. Or Miss Martian. Or whatever. It is so nice to meet you. Would you like a cookie?" M'gahn then proceeded to offer up a tray full of slightly burned cookies. Percy took one and stuck it in her mouth and nodded to M'gahn, making her beam with joy.

"My name is Kaldur'ahm, although most people call me Kaldur. It is a pleasure to meet you." Kaldur shook Percy's hand. You know, like a normal person with actual etiquette. Yeah, Kaldur is the only one of us that has that.

"It is good to meet you as well Kaldur," Percy said this with a smile on her face. I studied her. Her personality almost seemed to change with each person she met, accommodating their image of her. Interesting.

"Hi, I'm Artemis." Percy stiffened slightly at the name but brushed it aside. I wonder why.

"Good to meet ya." Percy greeted with a nod.

"Conner," Connor said from a good distance away, his voice rough and untrusting. Percy nodded. I finally when up to her and extended my hand. Might as well make a good impression.

"My name is Robin." She took my hand. Her grip was strong and her hands were heavily callused.

"Nice to meet you all. So, I'm Percy. I'm your new instructor. I will be living here in the Mountain with you from 9 am Monday until 12 pm Friday for however long Diana wants me here. So, yeah." Percy clapped her hands and looked at us one by one. The tension became too much for Wally who had been fidgeting nonstop for a few minutes. Oh god. He was going to say something stupid. This was not going anywhere good. Not feeling the aster.

"So how old are you exactly?" Yup. He said something stupid.

"I'm 17 years old," Percy answered. 17? Diana assigned a 17-year-old to be our instructor? She was younger than Kaldur. Only by 2 years, but still. I know ages can be deceiving, just look at me, barely 14 but I mean...17? Artemis took it upon herself to voice what all of us were thinking.

"Your 17? What makes you qualified to teach us? Wally is 16 and so am I. Kaldur is 19 and in Earth years, M'gahn is about 40. What could you teach us?" Artemis took a step forward at that. Percy, to my surprise, just smiled.

"Diana was right. You do have a lot to learn. Especially if you're going to have to face the League." Wait, what? Before I could question that statement, Percy continued.

"For example, Lesson One: never let your enemy divert your attention in battle." Percy held up a handful of thin strings and a roll of duct tape around her arm. Realization dawned on my face. I looked down and say that all of our shoes had been unlaced and duct-taped to the floor with glittery, baby blue tape. When had she managed to pull that?!

"Until I leave here on Friday at 12 pm, I am your enemy. All you have to do to beat me is steal my shoelaces and duct-tape me to the floor." Percy tossed Connor the duct-tape she had around her wrist.

"If you succeed, I will share with you my rocky road ice cream. If you lose, I will make you work harder than you ever have before. I would wish you good luck, but there is no such thing."