Forty-Six: The Legend of Perseus: Part Two

3rd P.O.V:

--static--

"...we interrupt your regularly scheduled program to bring you this update: a massive storm is gathering over Alaska. Please stay indoors...."

--crack static--

"...this just in: all people in the Alaskan area, please stay in your homes I repeat, stay in your homes..."

--crack static--

"...hey John...recall...fishing...big storm...recall...boats....do...copy?...john...copy copy?.."

--crack static--

"...mom?? Mom can you hear me?? Answer the phone damnit. Don't go outside. Stay home mo..."

--crack static--

"...Sweetie...I don't...when you get....stay  Amy's....don't...home....stay...Amy's...big...storm...I love..."

--crack static--

"...You've reached the Amber Alert System, please state your name and address...."

--crack static--

"...dad...I'm scared..."

--crack static--

"...your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system...the number you are trying to reach is not available..."

--crack static--

......dial tone.

The monster raised his ax.

"You're going to die, little girl." For all his power, his voice barely cut through the shrieking wind. The dark sea at the base of the cliff thrashed as it began to rise.

"I am prepared to face my death. Are you?" The woman's voice was sharp and taunting. It had no trouble rising above the wind. Her words rang clear as a bell over the soon to be battlefield.

The monster charged.

And the ocean responded to the rage of its mistress.

Thousands of miles away, a team of heroes watched on a screen as she called on the black waters to aid her in her battle. The dark wall of ice and water rose behind her and rushed forward with unmatched speed.

A hurricane of ice and rage violently spun around the woman, trendels of the black water following her body and her sword. Her movements were fluid and precise. Not a muscle twitch of wasted motion. The heavens felt her rage as rain and snow began to fall, thunder deafening the air.

Her opponent shook the ground with every step, shadows and fire crashing against her attacks of ice and water. He swung his monstrous battle ax, and as it hit the ground, the ice split in two. A sheet of land fell away from the glacier.

The water lifted up the heroine, a water spout beneath each her feet. They followed her movements and she circled the giant's head.

She raises her bronze sword to strike his face but her blow was met with the handle of his ax. She pushed back, the hurricane slicing at his legs, sweeping his feet. He stood his ground.

From the apex of her water footings, she released them, free-falling to the icy ground beneath her. As she landed on the ice, she drove her sword into the ground down to its hilt. An earthquake began.