Twenty-Three: Dumbass Suspenders? Check.

Percy P.O.V:

Everything was perfect. 100% perfect. That is, until, I remembered why I had to leave camp in the first place.

While Annabeth and I walked back to camp hand in hand, we passed the spot where I had crawled out of Hell. I zeroed in on the spot and I felt like screaming. All I could see was Jason and Piper, sprawled to the side as the sky light up with...with...

"Hey guys." A familiar voice called out to us. I draged my eyes away from the spot and towards the person that had spoken. Upon seeing his appearance, I couldn't quite register what it was I saw. I felt Annabeth bright beside me.

"Hey, Leo. How are you doing?" I pivoted, turned on my heals to face her, staring wide eyed and in shock. I spun back around to face the young man standing in front of me.

Curly brown hair? Check.

Grease covered clothes? Check.

Elvish featured? Check.

Dumbass suspenders? Check.

Shit eating grin? Check.

...

Oh my fucking gods it's Leo Valdez.

"What the actual ever living FUCK??!!" I practically shrieked. Leo was ALIVE?? And literally no one thought to, I don't know, tell me??

"Oh Hey, Percy. Man, it is good to see you. Hey, no one has bothered to tell me, but exactly how did you get out of...you know..."

I sputtered. I let out a couple of incoherent noises. Leo fucking Valdez was alive. This was fantabulous. Amazalicious.  But how the hell did it happen?

"How...How are you..?" I trailed off, still in shock and not really able to form words. Leo, thankfully, knew exactly what I was asking.

"Oh, I took the Physician's Cure. Well, technically Festus gave it to me but that's besides the point. You still haven't answered my question; How did you manage to get out of Tartarus?" Leo and Annabeth looked at me expectantly. I swallowed hard.

"Um.." I stalled, thinking of a suitable answer. I couldn't exactly say 'oh yeah you died and I crawled out of Hell because your death meant that Gaea broke the deal but now that both you and Annabeth are back in my life I am starting to wonder if this is just another game and I'm still in Tartarus.' Yeah wouldn't that be some nice little speech. I decided on a different answer.

"Doesn't matter; I'm out, end of story." Both of them seemed extremely unsatisfied with my answer, and, knowing Annabeth, she would most defiantly drag it off of my tongue eventually. Leo sighed.

"Fine, don't tell us. Anyway, what are you guys doing for Halloween?" Leo asked, kick-starting my brain and reminding me why I went to Camp in the first place. I grabbed both of their shoulders and pulled them in close. Looking between them, I said four words that made their eyes light up with curiosity and terror.

"We need the Stolls."

Annabeth P.O.V:

Ever since Percy kissed me, my memories have been returning at an increasingly fast rate. It was almost like a bomb had gone off in my head, shaking loose everything I lost.

Percy was dragging Leo and I through Camp, directly towards the Hermes cabin. Why she wanted the Stolls was beyond me but I could tell it was not going to end well for whoever was Percy's victim of choice.

Dropping us off just at the edge of the steps that led up to the porch and door, Percy marched up said steps.

"All y'all better be decent because I'm coming in!" Percy yelled and with that brief warning, kicked down the door. Almost instantly, two identical faces poked their way through the now busted door frame.

"What the hell.."

"Percy. Our door.."

"Was perfectly fine.."

"And brand new! How could you"

"Do this.."

"To us??"  They finished together. Percy only sighed.

"Do you two chuckle heads know what is coming up?" Percy asked. The brother's looked at each other and a vaguely haunting smile crossed each of their faces. Then, in unison, they bowed and said:

"Lead the way, wise Sage."

Leo P.O.V:

In truth, I hadn't known Percy very well while we had been aboard the Argo II. Whenever we had hung out, it had been nothing but good times. I hadn't really been put on any little "side quests" with her and she was...indisposed during the big boss battle with Gaea. In a way, you could say I've never even really seen her go all out in a fight. Which both terrified and interested me. To say I had always been curious about Percy's ability was an understatement. I mean, what was she really capable of?? During my time building the Argo II, I had heard several stories about Percy and how powerful she was. And, as I stand before the Stoll brothers, two of the only campers I really ever clicked with, and watch them bow to her, I only got more interested.

"Follow me, young padawans, and enlighten you I shall." Percy instructed in a very crappy Yoda impression. The brothers Stoll gave her sharp nods and followed her like soldiers as she marched into the forest. Annabeth gave me a look and then trudged into the woods after them.

After walking what felt like miles, we finally stopped outside a small hole between two large boulders. Travis turned towards Percy and stage whispered to her, causing Annabeth to roll her eyes.

"Master, is it safe to bring these outsiders to our sacred place?" Percy only nodded in response before crawling through the small opening. Travis followed her and as Conner backed up into the rocks, he glared at us and made the stupid little "I'm watching you" sign with two fingers. Annabeth and I once again shared a look but continued after them anyway.

Now, I would be lying if I said I wasn't highly interested in what Percy and the Stolls were up to in their little hole in the rocks. I was even more interested when inside said tiny ass hole, held several beach chairs, all facing towards a large white board.  The Stolls sat immediately while Annabeth and I cautiously followed. Percy, stood in front of the board with a fairly haunting look on her face.

"What if I told you, I could give you all the opportunity of a life time... something you could never pass up and never hope to come again..." We all leaned forward. Percy smiled. Our breaths hitched.

"What if I told you, I could offer you the opportunity to prank the Justice League?"