The Blue Shadow Virus

This was a request from sadstrarwarsfan14. Love you boo hope you like it!

   Stupid doctor bringing The Blue Shadow Virus back. I didn't particularly like it on Naboo mainly, because I was tired of watching Padme and Anakin hang on eachother. Jealousy was not the problem in question, but I was tired of watching it. I am a fellow Jedi Knight and I thought he would've taken it into consideration that I wasn't interested in watching he and his wife suck face.

   "General are you alright?" Captain Rex asked from beside me.

   "Yes Captain." I smiled at my fiance. "Just tired of watching you know what." He chuckled but hid it behind a sneeze, and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing too loud. We focused back on searching the base. Ahsoka came running to us in a panic.

   "We need to run stupid drpid just released the virus." Ahsoka spoke fast and everyone started to run to a bunker. The doors were closing so I stopped and held them open with the Force. I looked back to the cloud which was rapidly approaching.

   "(Y/n) come on!" Rex shouted from in the bunker, but I wouldn't reach it in time without exposing them to it as well. I shook my head and released the doors.

   "Master no!" Ahsoka yelled, but it was too late the doors shut and the cloud descended on me.

   "May the Force be with you." I whispered to them, and turned to the rest of the underground lab.

   "Is anyone else out there? Hello can anyone hear me?" I heard Padme's voice over my comm.

   "I can hear you Senator." I responded.

   "Oh thank goodness. Was anyone in your group exposed to the virus?" She asked in urgency.

   "Only me... The rest are safely locked in an air tight bunker." I started walking down a passage way.

   "The leftover battle droids are trying to break out of the lab. We need to stop them before they expose the rest of Naboo to this virus." I released an okay then hung up. I found multiple groups of droids and made quick work of them, but the more I exerted myself the worse it got. I felt weak and warm and most definitely dying. I heard footsteps behind me, and turned to find Padme and Jar Jar.

   "(Y/n) are you alright?" I nodded and leaned against a ladder.

   "Absolutely fine Padme. I'm just fine." I wheezed out and she shook her head.

   "No you aren't. You're tough, but I can see when you are okay and this isn't one of those times." She helped support my weight. "Do you remember where your team is?" I nodded and pointed down the corridor I came from.

   "I don't want them to be exposed to this virus." I told her.

   "They have masks. So they'll be protected from it. Well as long as they keep it on. They contacted me that they were stuck in the bunker so we are going to release them." I nodded and when we got close I leaned heavily against a wall as they messed with the door. As soon as the doors opened the men started filing out, and as much as I wanted to run to Rex I couldn't move. I stayed put and started focusing on my breathing.

   "Hey (Y/n)..." I could barely hear the voice and couldn't focus my vision on anything. Next thing I knew I was falling to the floor, but I never hit it. "Hey hey take it easy. Breath (Y/n) breath." I could hear the quiver in his voice even though he was trying to sound normal. Ahsoka and Padme were on the comm with someone talking to them. I looked at everyone around us to make sure noone was watching or listening.

   "I love you Rex. I just wanted to say that if I don't make it out of this." My voice was barely above a whisper.

   "D-Don't say that (Y/n). You're going to make it out of this. You're going to live and we're going to get to have our wedding. Then once this war is over we can both leave and start that family we wanted to." He sounded desperate like he was trying to convince himself more than me.

   I placed my hand on his neck so I wouldn't take a chance on exposing him to the virus.

   "You can always find me when you look to the Force. Or I will always be in here." I patted his chest, and I felt myself getting weaker by the second. "May the..." I turned so I could cough. "The Force be with you." Everything went black.

Rex POV
If the Reader Dies:

Soon enough General Skywalker was able to find a cure, and also keep the virus from spreading. (Y/n) was taken away on a stretcher, but according to the medics her vital signs were dangerously low. I rode in the same gunship as her, but that was a mistake. In the middle of the ride back to the cruiser she passed away. I tried holding back my tears, and my sobs. As soon as the ships landed I left the landing bay in search of somewhere quiet. I didn't get to find it though, because the General had followed me.

   "You were in love with her weren't you Rex?" He asked as he sat down next to me. I nodded and buried my face in my hands, my elbows resting on my knees.

   "W-We were engaged. I promised her we would have a good life when all of this was over. We were going to run away start a family... Be normal. Now that can't happen." I hiccuped trying to choke back my sobs not wanting to look weak infront of my General.

   "Hey if you need to let it all out do that. I understand the need to cry at a great loss. I lost my mother and the man who was originally going to be my master. It's better to let it out than to bottle it up. Right now I'm not "General Anakin Skywalker the Chosen One." Right now I'm here as just your friend." He stood infront of me and put his arms out in a hug, and I accepted it. Allowing myself to fully cry and once I was done I had no choice but to accept that she was gone... And there was nothing I could do.

Rex POV
If the Reader Lives:

   She laid limply in my arms and I couldn't help, but feel myself descend into a panic. Much to my dismay that is when Padme say down beside me.

   "She is strong she won't die. Anakin is finding a cure as we speak so we just need to hold out for a little longer. Then we can all get out of here and she will get cured." She patted my shoulder. "I know how much you love her, and I don't want you to lose that. Come on let's find the main exit." With that she got up and so did I. I hauled (Y/n) into my arms so I could carry her to safety.

  They had administered the antidote a few hours ago, and her vital signs were holding steady. According to Kix it was all up to her now. So here I sit waiting next to her bedside for her to wake up. I held her hand not caring if anyone walked in to see it. I was close to shutting my eyes to sleep when I felt her hand twitch. Then her fingers slowly wrapped around my hand. My eyes shot up to her face to see her staring back at me smiling weakly.

   "(Y/n) I was so worried you weren't coming back to me." I sat on the side of her bed and handed her a small paper cup of water.

   "Got to throw more than a virus at me to kill me." She smirked a little then she fell serious. "Thank you Rex. You as well Anakin. In my unconscious state I was able to hear that you were the one to deliver the antidote." She smiled behind me and I turned to Anakin standing with Padme in the doorway.

   "With Obi-Wan's help since my partner was too busy dying." He fully entered the room, and sat in the chair on the other side of her bed. "So when are we going on a double date? Me and Padme and you two I mean."

   "Well seeing as how I almost died from one of the most contagious virus' in the galaxy... I want to say maybe next Saturday?" She half joked.

   "Next Saturday it is." He stood up and made his way to the door. "By the way Rex I hope you don't mind if I assign you to be her escort to the med station in the Jedi Temple?" Out of habit I stood up and saluted.

   "Yes sir." He laughed.

   "At ease Captain. We're all friends here." With that he and Padme left, and I went back to holding the hand of my fiance.

   "Rex get some sleep. You look exhausted." She said as she laid back into her pillow.

   "You do as well, and I think I will." I leaned my head onto her bed, and her fingers immediately started to lightly scratch my scalp. She's safe and thats all I could ask for.