CHAPTER 14

The Day where Bright was just looking for the bracelet as a gift for Win
---

||Bright's POV||

"How about this one?" I asked Chatri and showed it to him

"Hhmm..." He looks at the wrist watch and inspects it. "I don't know, is it really necessary to give a wrist watch as a gift if you're looking for a gift for a guy?"

"Umm...no," I said, placing the wrist watch back.

"Do you know what he likes? Maybe it can help you find a gift for him."

"I didn't manage to ask him," I said in full embarrassment.

"Dad! Are you shy?" Chatri asked, looking at me teasingly. I glared at him and gave him an improving expression.

"No, I just forgot," I reasoned. This kid has become bolder as he grows...

"Mhm-hm, M'kay," he said, holding my hand. "Let's go look for other stores then."

I agreed with his suggestion. We went out of the store and looked around for the new ones. Me and Chatri are currently here at the mall looking for some gifts. May I just remind you that I promised myself to be better for Win? Well, this is the first thing that came to mind. And that is, to buy him a gift.

Though I don't really know what he likes, As Chatri said earlier, if I had known what Win liked, then maybe by this time we had already found the perfect gift for him. But, again, I did not manage to ask him about it. Maybe because I was also scared to ask.

"Is there at least one thing you know that he likes?" Chatri asked, looking up to me as we walked past the stores.

"Hmmm... he loves peaceful things, I guess?"

"Guess?" Chatri groaned and smacked his face with his small hand. What had gotten into this kid? "You're hopeless when it comes to love, Dad."

"Hey, you're still a kid. You don't know how this feels," I said. "Let's check this store."

"I'm maybe a kid, but I still know what love means," he said with a proud tone.

"Hello, sirs, please feel free to look around," the jeweler said. I nodded, and we looked through the glass.

"Which one?" I asked. Chatri looked at me with confusion.

"Wha? Dad, just look for a thing that reminds you of him," he said. And that clicked something. I saw a bracelet. It looks really plain and simple, but it has a half-oval shape as its pendant.

"Excuse me," I called the jeweler. "What kind of bracelet is this?"

"Oh that, sir," she said, taking the brace out. "This is actually a couple bracelet; it is simple yet holds a deep meaning for love," she said, showing me the pair.