Chapter 29

||Win's POV||

"And they actually expect me to just lend them the money," Bright said, surely annoyed and stressed

"And they actually expect me to just lend them the money," Bright said, surely annoyed and stressed. "Like, why would I lend them my money when they don't even have enough evidence that they're going to use it for the project?"

"I smell corruption," I said, taking a large bite of the noodles.

"Exactly," he said, and he pointed at me and winked. I smiled and shook my head.

"Sir, it's Mr. Dew." I heard another voice, and I think it's his secretary. He looked up and nodded.

"I gotta go, bunny. I'll call you later. Drink your medicine, okay?"

I nodded and showed him a bowl of noodles that Chimon had cooked when I arrived. "I'm already eating; you can go and do your job; I'll be fine."

"Okay, but if you feel something again, just call me or P'Gun."

Is he that worried?

"Sure, bye-bye," I said.

As soon as our call ended. I finished up my bowl of noodles, standing up and putting the empty bowl in the the sink

"P'Win?" I heard Chimon's voice. I turned around and saw him holding a white envelope. "This came with the mail earlier. It's for you."

I slowly took the envelope from his hands and looked at it skeptically. "Are you sure?"

"Dunno, but who ever sent that to you? That person could have just used email or chats," he said sassily before leaving.

I shook my head in amusement. I opened the envelope, and it came with the petal of a rose. At first, I thought that it was from Bright, but he's still doing his work. I took out the note and the one piece of white petal. Opening the note, I read it. The moment my eyes landed on the letter, it made my stomach turn upside down.

"No." I threw the letter and ran towards the living room.

The children are still playing. Chimon is busy with his phone. P'Gun left to go to P'Off's office for something. I run towards the window and close all the curtains. Chimon looks at me with confused eyes.

"Phi, are you okay?" Chimon asked, full of worries.

I nervously nodded and sat on the nearest couch near my son.

"Yeah, just a little bit startled."

Let the topic go. And I'm actually glad he did. After some time of calming down, I went back to the kitchen and saw the white petal, still on the counter, and the note crumbled on the floor. I walked towards it, kneeling down to get it. I once opened the letter, a letter that I did not expect to find me.

------------
  Dear Son,

     It's been a long time, hasn't it? I know that Jumpol took you in after we threw you out and I'm actually grateful for the guy. Who would've knew that you can still be useful after being a useless Omega?