CHAPTER 20

||Bright's POV||

"Clean those up, and make sure that no one will find their bodies", I said to my men as they cleaned up the bodies that we just killed

"The guy did not utter a word as well?" Dew asked. I gave him a stiff nod as I wiped the blood off my hands. Filthy rat....

It's been days, and some of my underground operations have been interrupted by some other organizations. The medicines that were supposed to be shipped out to Wang Nam Khiao had been delayed due to unreasonable circumstances.

I may be in the mafia. But those medicines are to help the illness that has been happening. I rarely ship out any drugs, mostly weapons and guns. The medicines were supposed to arrive there yesterday; Watthanasetsiri's going to nag me about it again.

That forest man...

"Get the new medicines and equipment and ship it immediately to Wang Nam Khiao. They need that, and I don't want Watthanasetsiri to bother me about it again," I told my men. He nodded and proceeded to do what I asked.

With that, I went back to my car and let Dew handle the rest. Driving back to my house, I nearly forgot about the dinner me and Win are having. Actually, it's Chatri's idea to do that, and let me say, the kid is learning.

I also noticed that every single one of my operations, including the transportation of medicines to the rural places here, is being intervened in. I already asked Dew and the others to look into it.

We didn't have any clue at first, but I will surely see who has been doing these. Arriving home, I parked my car in front and noticed that there's another car parked in here. I hopped out of the car and gave the key to the chauffeur.

"Who arrived earlier?" I asked.

"Your uncle arrived earlier at 9:36am in the morning, master," he answered.

I nodded and headed inside. Talking my shoes off and walking towards the living room, I heard some giggling sound that I am sure was coming from my son. I walked in with my uncle tickling Chatri on the couch while holding a dinosaur toy.

"Seriously?" I spoke in an amused tone. They both look at me and panted as they sat up

"Hey, Bright," Uncle said, catching his breath from all the laughter earlier. I walked towards them and sat down. Chatri sat on my laugh, also catching his breath.

"You should have told me that you were going to visit here," I said to Uncle Chiva.

"Nah! I wanted to surprise you," he said. "Besides, how's the double work?"

"Tiring," I said. Wait, why is my son still awake at this hour? "Chatri, you should go to sleep; it's already late."

Chatri nodded and hopped off of my lap. "I'm only awake because Uncle told me to wait for you with him" I look at my Uncle and glared

"Wha-? Hey! I thought it was supposed to be our little secret!" Uncle Chiva said with a childish tone. Chatri laughed and ran upstairs.

"What brought you back here, Uncle Chiva?" I asked

"Well, I talked to your man" he said

"Oka, wait, what?" I asked in shock. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"So what? Like I told you, I wanted to surprise you. If I told you that I would be meeting your boy, then that would not be a surprise anymore," Uncle reasoned.

I sighed, frustrated. "What did you tell him?"

"Nothing; we just introduced ourselves to each other and gave him a pep talk about you."

"What kind of pep talk?" I asked, looking suspiciously at my uncle.

You see. Uncle Chiva may be the one who raised me after my parents were killed. But he is a bit... talkative when it comes to people I play with, but I already told him that I am serious about winning Win's trust and then his heart.

"Psh! You worry too much, kiddo!" He said, standing up. "You have your boy's number, right? Just call him. I need to sleep now; I'm getting old."

I sighed in defeat. My uncle is also good at avoiding any topics he would not want to talk about. He went back to his room, and I decided to check up on Chatri first. Going up the stairs and walking towards my son's room. I slowly opened the door and peered through the gap. His nightlight is on, the air conditioning's not too cold, and it's perfect.

After checking up on Chatri, I went back to my room and took a bath. I don't want those disgusting rat scents all over me. After taking a bath, I just wear a white tee and boxer shorts and rest on my bed. I decided to call Dew to check on the status of the shipments tonight. I swear, if they try to interrupt again, I'll hunt them down.

"Hey, bright," Dew said on the other line of the call.

"Hey, what's the status there?" I asked.

"We already cleaned up the place, and the new medicines and equipment are now being shipped to the location," he answered.

I nodded, even though I knew he wouldn't see. "Good. If anything happens, just call me."

The level of possibilities of those who are trying to oppose the operation, might be something serious or not. And most of all, I don't want anyone or anything interrupting my operations and work. If I need to shed some blood for others, then I will

We bid our goodbyes and ended the call. I decided to also call Win; I don't even know if he's still awake at this hour. I pressed his number and pressed the call button. I've been ringing his number two times now, but he wouldn't answer. I would just presume that he's already asleep, but my ass won't let me sleep without hearing his voice.

I tried once more. After several rings, he finally answered the call.

"Hey, I've been calling you; why won't you answer?" I asked.

I heard shuffling and sniffling on the other line. I sat up and started to worry.

"Win, are you alright?" I ask in total worry. I heard a sniffle before he finally answered.

"Bright...*sniff*...h-help..me," he said with a trembling voice.

Shit....

----
✌️
  ‼️(This Chapter is already edited since I noticed some typos)‼️