Chapter 36

||Chiva's POV||

"Come on, Sun, you need to eat." I tried feeding Sun, but he wouldn't open his mouth. I sighed. "Sun, you need to eat; you and Chatri can play later."

He shook his head, with tears threatening to fall from his eyes. "No, I don't want to. I want Papa."

Placing the spoon down I carried Sun and sat him on my lap before hugging him and caressing his head to calm him down.

"You can't go see your papa just yet; he needs to rest," I said.

He whimpered. And I tell you, his grip on my arm really hurts. You see, he manifested his dad's ability and currently doesn't know how to turn it back to normal. Right now, his eyes are still glowing yellow. But luckily, his strength is not as strong as Bright; I would lose an arm if he already had that.

After a lot of convincing, Sun only ate four to five spoons of food. But that's better than nothing. After feeding him, I carried him back to the living room, where the kids were playing. Off's children and wife are still here, since they want to take care of the kids and wait for Win to wake up—or at least...

"Hey, Sunny, wanna play with Asnee and Aran?" Off's mate Gun said. Sun nodded slowly but still wore a frown on his face.

I placed him down, and he went straight to Gun's lap. Gun gave him a toy; he just stared at it. I'm sad for the kid. But we're lucky that we got there much earlier, and he's safe.

   Bright is still on the third floor. Sadly, they're still not done with the operation. Things took a sad turn all of a sudden. Jumpol's taking care of the bitches at the dungeon, though. I want to see the scoundrel myself and beat it to pulp.

"U-umm, excuse me?" A man appeared at the door frame. A strong physique and a similar face as Win. Yes, it is Win's little brother. And he brought his daughter with him.

"Oh, hey there, Marine, how's the room?" Gun asked. He bowed a little, went towards the couch, and sat there.

"It's fine, don't worry," Marine said with a genuine smile. "Thank you for letting us in."

"Don't ya worry, kid," I said. I sat on a single-arm couch and rested my back. Damn, I'm getting old. "You helped us get Win and Sun anyway, so we should be the ones thanking you."

He smiled and nodded. His daughter, Jane, went to play with Asnee and Aran. Sun looked up and saw him; he sat up from Gun's lap, went to Marine, and sat on his lap instead.

"I guess he's not scared of you."

"Maybe it's because he has a similar scent as P'Win?" Gun's first child, Chimon, who is currently playing with the kids, said.

"Maybe, but... I'm glad that my brother's son is not scared of me," he said. Sun is surprisingly comfortable around Marine. It turns out that he had been planning on letting Sun go, but his father would not let them.

Marine's the one who came to us and told us about Win and Sun's locations. Bright is still suspicious about Marine, but it did help us find them. Although we might have a big problem with Bright, He still doesn't trust Marine over his sons, probably because of what their father did to his mate.

After a long chat and play with the kids, Marine's daughter, Jane, actually managed to get his cousin, Sun, to play with them. Though Sun is still gloomy, he still plays, so that's a good sign.

I stood up and excused myself. They're having fun anyway, so I guess I'll check on Bright now. It's been two hours; I hope Win's all better now. Considering that they surely tortured him, we need to get a psychiatrist just for sure.

reaching the third floor of the mansion. I saw Bright fast asleep in one of the single chairs near the window, with his head rested on the side of the window.

"Bright," I said in a hushed tone, and I tapped his shoulder. He stirred and opened his eyes. "Go to your room and get some rest; I'll guard here for now."

He groaned and sat up properly. I sat down on the chair in front of him.

"Nah, it's fine, I can wait," he insisted, still looking tired and, let's say, about to pass out.

"No, I can clearly see that you're already tired. Get some rest, and when the doctor is done, I'll just call you."

He huffed but nodded nonetheless. He stood up and said goodbye. That kid always pushes himself to the limit, but right now he needs to take care of his health since Chatri and Sun need a father right now.

I stare at the moon; it's still shining bright even though it is surrounded by the dark, but it's brightness and the stars gave light through the darkness. I hope this situation will never happen again.

---

   As expected, I fell asleep. And I was awoken by Dr. Krist, one of Jumpol's closest friends and doctors.

"Hey," I said, sitting straight and stretching my arms. "How's Win?"

"Don't worry, he's fine now, but..." Krist trailed off, looking down. I look at him with a serious expression. I guess he noticed it. "We managed to cure some of Win's injuries, but there are a lot of complications."

"And what are those?"

"He has five broken ribs, a broken wrist, and some cuts around his back and thighs. Also, we detected some sort of chemical inside him that prevents some of his system from functioning. Luckily, we managed to get some of it out before it destroyed the inside of his body. We put him on temporary medication for the chemical while we examined what it is; though, we are sure that it's from the black market."

"So you mean, they've been injecting Win with an unknown substance that can kill him?" I asked. He nodded. I let out a breath of annoyance. "Those parents of his really are psychos."

"Do you want me to tell Bright?" Dr. Krist asked. I shook my head and stood up.

"I'll just tell him myself; the kid's probably asleep by now. Just make sure that Win is safe," I told him, and he nodded.

As promised. I went to Bright's whereabouts to tell him about Win. I told Dr. Krist to get Win to the room we prepared earlier. All that hard work paid off. I'm already exhausted today; I shouldn't be doing these kinds of things since I'm already old. I should be relaxing and enjoying my last days, not going to battle like the good old days.

Reaching the room. I knocked, but no one answered, as a good uncle of my dear Nephew, the possessor of yellow and second grade ability. I burst inside with a loud bang.

"HEY!!!!" I shouted. I halted and saw him sprawled on the bed, with his clothes still on and half of his legs hanging off the bed.

"Oh, maybe... I'll just tell you tomorrow," I said with a smile. I walked back and closed the door. Letting my dear Nephew sleep peacefully

I hope things will get better now.

---
  I'm back! School is just...just...waaahhhh!! 😭😭😭

‼️(This Chapter is already edited since I noticed some typos)‼️