Chapter 45

❤️
-----

||Bright's POV||

"The project has been going smoothly," my secretary said, holding a clipboard as we walked back to my office. "I think it'll be done by next month."

"Are there any problems left?" I asked.

"No, sir. The management does not have any further questions, but they said they'll need some time to also prepare for the launch of the project."

"Good, tell them they can take any time they want, but I want that project to be done by next month."

"Yes, sir"

We reached my office, and my secretary went back to her post as I went inside my office. I walked straight to my desk, sat down on my swivel chair, and turned my laptop on.

Since I've been away for so long, there's a lot of work and projects that need to be done by only me. Though I am thankful for Dew and P'Mike for helping me with both the company and the mafia

I scrolled down the file and examined it thoroughly. I sighed and looked at the wall clock I have in my office. It's already 10 p.m., and I've been trying to go home as early as I can so I can help Win with the kids.

leaning back and stretching my arms. I sighed and closed my eyes. A lot had already happened, but now it's a distant memory that I probably don't even want to resurface from my memory.

Win and the kids are probably asleep by now, or at least the kids. Win always has trouble sleeping whenever I'm not around; that's why I go home when it's near bedtime. Though the meeting took so long today that I did not even notice the time

Also, Win is in his 9th month. He could be in labor any day from now, and I'm also trying not to miss it.

After finishing the paper work, I told my secretary to leave, since I'm already leaving. She only nodded and said goodbye. I went to the elevator after fixing my stuff and pressed the first floor.

arriving at the first floor. There are only a few workers left, and my guards are also waiting for me outside. I gave one of the guards my bag and went inside my car.

The car started to drive back to the house. I can already feel the tiredness, with my eyes closing from time to time. I stared out the window of the car, admiring the scenery and the headlights passing through. It's kind of sleepy watching those, so I look away.

My phone suddenly rang, waking me up from falling asleep. I took my phone out of my pocket. I did not even notice who the caller was; I just answered it.

"Hello?" I asked with a groggy tone.

"Bright? Where are you?" Oh, it's Uncle Chiva.

"I'm heading back home; why?" I asked.

"It's Win," he said. My eyes went wide, and suddenly I felt no tiredness as I sat up. "His water broke all of a sudden; we're at the hospital."

"Okay, I'll be there," I said, ending the call. "Driver, go to ***** hospital, fast."

The driver nodded, turned the stirring wheel, and changed our direction. Damn it, I wanted to be there for him when he went into labor. After an hour, we finally arrived at the hospital that my uncle told me about.

I ran to the operating room and saw Uncle Chiva sitting in one of the waiting areas outside the operating room. He looked up when he saw me and immediately told me to sit down.

"How's he?" I asked.

"Don't worry, he'll be fine," he said with a reassuring tone, patting my back.

I sat there, waiting for my mate and daughter to come out. Truth be told, I am nervous. My leg shakes as I wait, with my arms crossed on my chest.

An hour had passed. And still no answer. This time, I'm pacing around, and Uncle Chiva just stares at me. Seriously, I'm worried; I'm sweatin'.