CHAPTER 18

||Bright's POV||

We are now back inside the venue

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

We are now back inside the venue. There are a lot more guests now than earlier since it is near 3 p.m.I am back at our table, and my son is still playing with the other kids at the play pen.

I had one of the waiters bring in some wine, water, and juice before getting my son. The party will start at 3:50 p.m., and I think this will last till 10 p.m.

"Here you go, sir." The waiter arrived with the drinks I ordered.

"Thank you," I said. The waiter nodded and left. I took the wine and poured it on the Zinfandel glass wine. This is a nice glass of wine.

After a while of drinking alone, I can't help but think back on what Win did back at the garden. He was cute, asking me about it.

"Who's Chatri's mother?" he asked, looking at me in the eye.

I was shocked to hear what he just asked. I know that I told him that I would answer any question he would ask, but this one is not something I was expecting.

"It's fine if you don't want to tell me," he said with a sad tone, looking away. I sighed, placing my index finger under his chin and making him look at me.

"Chatri is my son. But I adopted him when he was just two years old," I said. Win looks surprised, but I saw a glimpse of relief in his eyes.

"You adopted him?"

I nodded. "When I was doing some opera—I mean, job—one of my men found him in a dark alleyway inside a box near a canal."

"That's... horrible," he said with a sad expression and worried tone. We both released ourselves from the hug and just stood there.

"I was planning to just place him in an orphanage but he got really attached to me, so I decided to just adopt him and name him Chatri," I explained. He nodded

There was silence for a few minutes. Though I'm glad that Win is slowly trusting me, asking questions little by little can actually help to gain someone's trust.

"Now, let me ask," I said, breaking the eerie silence between us. He looked at me and nodded hesitantly. "Can we start over?"

I finally had the courage to ask. For weeks, I've been debating with myself whether I will ask Win to start over our relationship to make things more clear than when it starts.

"Start over?" He asked with a confused expression. "I don't know..."

Ouch. That kind of hurt.

"But we will not know if we don't give it a try, right?" he said. My hopes got high, and I looked at him with a sparkle in my eyes. "So, yeah, we can starweover."

And boy, did that make me excited, nervous, and happy all at the same time?

After our heartfelt conversation, I was kind of relieved to know that Win had given me a chance to prove myself to him and set things right. I really don't know how to start a relationship. All my other past relationships were just for sex, nothing more.