I'll Marry You

Another fast Chapter update!!!

PSA!!! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE OTHER CHAPTER, PLEASE REPORT NOVELHD.COM!!! I WANT TO CONTINUE MY WORK ON WATTPAD AND FOR OTHER WEBSITES TO STEAL MY WORK IS HONESTLY HEARTBREAKING, SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPORT REPORT REPORT!!!!

---------------------------------

Dominic disappeared after lunch. He mentioned having a conversation at dinner but wanted to get work done before he does. I can't imagine what he needs to talk to me about, but I couldn't focus on that. So instead, I wanted to spend time getting settled before Dominic throws me into another loop.

I ended up taking a walk around the rose garden with the head maid Liliana. We spent the time catching up since I haven't seen her since I left. She told me all the gruesome details of Dominic's downfall when I left and how many bottles of alcohol she had to throw away. There weren't enough apologies in the world I could've given to Liliana for dealing with the aftermath, especially considering she was my peace during this mess. She told me Dominic gave her a ten thousand euro bonus for the inconvenience, but I still need to do something to show her how sorry I am.

We were sitting admiring the blooming flowers when we saw a young maid at the entrance.

"Ms. Montrelli, you have a guest waiting for the Loggia." The young maid spoke softly.

A guest? I don't know anyone in Genoa, so I am clueless as to who this guest is.

"Who is it?" I wondered.

The young maid gave me a weary look and bit her bottom lip nervously. This wasn't a good sign. I sighed before following the maid. Whoever it is doesn't want me to know, so I wouldn't refuse to see them. There is a tiny group of people who I would refuse to see. If I weren't so curious and bored, I wouldn't bother to go.

My curiosity was killed when I saw strawberry blond long hair and the smell of rosemary filled the air. It is Dominic's mother, Vanessa. Vanessa sat tall on the sofa facing the bar. She was sipping on a glass of rose as I approached her. Vanessa didn't stand to greet me when she saw me. Instead, she nodded and waited for me to sit down. I gave Liliana and the maid the go-ahead to leave me.

"My husband told me you were back, so I wanted to see it with my own eyes." Vanessa started. There was a hint of snark in her voice.

"Yes, I got back yesterday."

"Did you enjoy yourself during your...hiatus?" A hiatus?! Does she think my time away was a vacation? As if I didn't deserve to live my life!

"I wouldn't use the word hiatus, but yes, I am back and better."

"Let's skip the pleasantries, shall we? Your absence caused a lot of problems for my son and our famiglia. Frankly, it was selfish for you to leave, in my opinion. Do you know what you've done to my son after you left?" Vanessa snapped.

"What I've done to your son? Do you know what your son has done to me? Do you know what your famiglia has done to me? I was miserable, and so was your son! We hated each other. I was robbed of life for four years! I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less what my leaving did for your business. I left for the sake of myself and, frankly, my relationship, and I won't apologize for that." I stated calmly.

This woman is insane. I know she hated me from the start, but this was an overstep on her part! She's blaming me as if I asked for this lifestyle! If this weren't a forced arranged marriage, Vanessa would have every right to hate me.

Vanessa's face was unchanged from the sour stone look. She couldn't care less about what I have to say or my reason for leaving, only that her son was hurt and made to look weak in front of the other famiglias.