Talks and Mimosa

I'm back!!!!! I know it's been like a month but I'm done school and ready to post again so let me just jump right into things.

Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to post something quick so you guys can enjoy the story and know that Im still alive and kicking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rushed everyone inside right before Dominic can answer Mama's outburst. I did not want everyone from Dominic's team knowing our family issues. It took some time rushing Mama in while holding a tight grip over her mouth but once I got her through the front door she pushed me off and shot me one of her famous glares.

"Cristo! Don't push me into this blood home like I'm some problem. You know how I get when I feel silenced." Mama hissed at me. I know exactly what she's talking about. Whenever Papa would hush my mother down she tends to be 10x as loud and extra then she was before.

"Well, I wouldn't have to do that if you were causing a scene, Mama! Like seriously, are you trying to die?!" I whispered at her. 

Angry or not my mother needs to learn that even if I'm engaged to Dominic, he is still the leader of the house. If he considers my mama to be a problem there's no stopping him to "fix" that problem.

I looked over at Dominic who stood by the door. He seemed unfazed at the scene mama started outside. He smiled at me before pulling out his phone. I watched as he sent a text to someone and put his phone away. Soon enough we were joined by Dante and Liliana. 

"Liliana, direct our guests to the lounge for refreshments," Dominic ordered. Liliana nodded her head and directed my famiglia and friends to the lounge which is just the right amount of distance away from the horror scene that is about to occur. 

"I understand that you're upset, Mrs. Mortelli. I can explain everything in my office if you would like." Dominic addressed mama. Mama had her back towards Dominic. She knew that form of disrespect would upset him and she didn't care but surprisingly, Dominic was able to keep a calm cool head. 

Mama didn't move or show any indication that she was listening to Dominic. Instead in her famous petty manner, she just started walking down the hallway. I know she wants to talk to Dominic but giving Dominic the satisfaction of directing her around the house isn't something she's willing to do. Dominic, Dante, and I followed behind Mama and eventually, we ended up in Dominic's office. 

Dominic took a seat behind his desk and Dante stood by the door. Mama refused to sit down so she stood strong in front of Dominic's desk. I, however, have been running around all damn day and the only thing I wanted to do was to stick on Dominic's incredibly plush black couch. 

"So would anyone like to explain how my daughter left my house to determine to come back to her old life single and free from you and now is calling me and flying me down for her ENGAGEMENT PARTY?!" Mama snapped.

Dominic looked over at me for permission to speak. I granted him full permission because I am too tired and frankly too scared to deal with mama right now. 

"A lot has changed since Alessandra has come to Genoa. Firstly, I would like to say that I...I...apologize for everything. Believe it or not, I did not know of this contract until I took control of the business. I did act irrationally when I took Alessandra months too soon but I had ulterior motives in mind. I wanted to break her so I would be free with no consequence. I was a selfish man with a twisted mentality. I had my faults but I can assure you that isn't the case anymore."

I could sense that apology hurt more than knives to Dominic. He isn't the type to apologize or admit his wrongs. An apology shouldn't be in his vocabulary with the way he acts. He finds apologies to be a sign of weakness; men like him don't like the idea of begging for approval from anyone. Yet he put his pride down to apologize to mama. That means more to me than any gift he can give me. I'm extremely happy he's willing to do whatever it takes to make my famiglia happy.

"My daughter wants to be free from this contract as well. I don't understand why you can't just let her go back home!" 

"Before I wanted to be free now that isn't the case. Your daughter is...special to me. She has shown me that there is more to this life than what I've known. I've decided to take the contract seriously and honor your daughter. She has agreed to honor the contract as well which is why we flew you down for the engagement party. I can't fully speak for Alessandra but I plan to take our marriage and commitment to each other seriously. She's in safe hands."

Mama turned to look at me with worry eyes. 

"Tersoro, is this true? Help me make sense of this." Her voice cracked. 

I stood from the couch and walked over to mama. The only thing I could do is hug her until she calmed down. She shook violently in my arms but slowly began to calm down. This was too much for her. I know she wants answers and some sort of explanation but the explanation she wants isn't one she's going to get. 

"Mama I will explain everything I promise you but right now I just need you to accept the engagement and support me this weekend. Papa already decided not to come and I can't handle you not being by my side either."

"How do you expect me to support something I know nothing about, Tersoro?"

"Mama, please. I will explain everything. I just need your support nothing else."

"....Fine. I want an explanation before the night arrives but yes. I will support you."

"Thank you mama." I gave her another hug. Dominic stood from his desk and walked over beside us. Mama and Dominic held an intense staring contest before nodding to each other and walking side by side out of the office.

We joined everyone else in the lounge for drinks. When we arrived, Babina and Juliana were getting tipsy off the endless mimosa pitchers placed on the coffee table. My brother Roberto was enjoying the view on the balcony and nana and nono were admiring the art around the room. I gave mama a kiss before letting her go. She instantly went to the mimosa and poured until the drink reached the top. 

Dominic joined my side quickly after.

"Seems like you're famiglia is liking mimosa hour."

"They are if you can provide this every day they might actually tolerate you." 

"Do I have...permission to touch you now?"

"No."

"You're testing my patience love."

"You're testing my life. Hush and mingle." 

The battle with Mama is barely over but she is satisfied with the promise of an explanation soon. Now that my famiglia is here, I do have to figure some important details regarding Dominic and I. My entire Famiglia deserve an explanation and what to expect from me from now on. Most importantly, I need to figure out if I'm truly ready to be a part of this life. My engagement party is around the corner, I have a matter of days to figure out if I'm ready for this life or not.