My Turn

Let's get straight into things!

-----------------------

Sophia led me upstairs and down the pathway. We stopped in front of two large brown oak doors. She knocked on the door before opening. She shuffled quickly inside and I followed behind her. The room was a large lounge area; perfect for me to get ready. My friends Juliana and Bambina were inside along with my mama and Nonna. The girls were sitting on the light pink fur couches sipping on Champagne. In the corner was a large mannequin covered by a white satin sheet.

"Ladies, Your woman of honor has arrived," Sophia announced. Everyone placed their glass on the round table and walk towards us.

"I'm so excited to see you in your dress!" Juliana exclaimed.

"I'm excited to see my dress, Sophia you said you made some changes?"

"Yes, I did, are you ready to see it? I think you'll love it and when Dominic sees you in it he'll die." I fought the urge to roll my eyes from hearing Dominic's name.

Everyone followed Sophia as she led us towards the covered mannequin. She took a quick peek under to make sure everything was up to her standard before ripping off the satin sheet. Gasps and awes filled the room. My new and improved dress is...beautiful!  The structure of the dress stayed the same; the only difference was the gold-encrusted appliques sewed along the deep neckline and carried up around the breast line. Sophia even added a matching gold appliques collar necklace. Under my dress were my gold shimmer open toe stiletto shoes.

"Oh Tesoro, The dress is beautiful!" Mama whispered as she hugged me from the side

"This is beyond my expectations, Sophia you are a Godsent angel."

"It's been my pleasure, Now go behind the divider over there and put on your beautiful dress. I have to go check on the boys in the other room." Sophia rolled the mannequin over to the floral divider before rushing out of the room. Mama and Nonna walked me over to the divider and helped me put on the dress while my friends waited by the couches.

The dress was tight but hugged my body perfectly. As Nonna zipped up the dress and Mama buckled my shoe straps on, I stared at myself in the mirror. I couldn't believe how beautiful I looked. I felt and looked like a movie star. I looked like I belong in Dominic's world. Sophia is right, if Dominic saw me in this dress all dulled up he would be amazed. He wouldn't keep his hands off me. Yet tonight, this dress isn't for him. This is for me. No matter what happens tonight, I have to remember that it's all about me. I have to take care of myself for once.

Once I was ready, I walked out from behind the divider to reveal the final look to my friends. The moment I came from behind the divider, squeals were released. My friends ran up to hug me. I've never been happier to have Juliana and Bambina by my side. They always made me feel like I was the hottest girl in the world.