Soon

Back Again with another chapter!!!! I also wanted to make a reminder; please be respectful in the comments! I will delete comments that are flat out disrespectful or quite unnecessary 

---------------------------------------------------------------

The past few days living with Dominic has been a dream I never want to wake up from. We spent the rest of the weekend locked up at the house together. We watched movies, talked for hours, cooked together...It felt as if we never left New York.

I thought going back to work on Monday would be hard, but it turned out to be a great arrangement. Dominic would drop me off at work; he would run off to do his work and pick me up at the end of the day. Besides working from home, Dominic has made it his mission to gain the respect of mama. He would drive to the house every day with flowers, a bottle of wine and listen to my mama complain about the many reasons why she hates him. I knew by the end of the week she was happy to see him on her doorstep. Dominic started to secretly love it too, the way he would gush about my mother at dinner...it made me somewhat worried how taken he was at a woman bashing him so violently. Even though we still had our stepbacks, you would think we were a normal couple.

The week has gone by so fast. In a blink, it's Sunday, and Dominic is scheduled to leave tonight. I wanted to spend the day by myself in the house. Still, mama insisted she come over and cook for us as a 'good riddance' dinner, but I know she wanted to spend the last day with Dominic.

We woke up early Sunday. We wanted to spend as much time together as before mama came and invaded our space. I started on breakfast as Dominic sat at the dining table, drinking coffee and reading the paper.

I served his plate of pancakes and fruits before sitting down beside him with my plate.

"I can't believe you're going back today." I sulked quietly. Dominic set his paper aside and grabbed my hand.

"You acting like it's over." 

"I know, but...I'm going to miss you."

"I'm a plane ride and a phone call away. Call me. I'll be there. I meant it to you and your mama; I won't rush you to move in with me."

"I can't bother you too much, and I know you have so much work to do. I can only imagine the trouble awaiting you."

By trouble, I mean his parents. Dominic has been excellent at hiding the excessive phone calls, emails, and messages his parents have sent him since he left with me to New York. I saw just a few of the worried texts from his mother while he was in the shower. She is very concerned about him and wants him home immediately. After Dominic explained to his father that Dante was in charge until his return, his father stopped contacting him. His father seemed much more understanding than his mother.

"I can handle my parents. I don't want you worrying about me; we need to focus on us."

"Speaking of us, I was thinking of ways I can be productive when I move back to Genoa. I can't sit around the house waiting for you to finish work."

"What did you have in mind?"

"Maybe working part-time at--"

"Absolutely not. You will not be working for someone else. If you want a job, it will be your own company."