Milian

HEY GUYS, THIS IS IMPORTANT NEWS!!!! Destined For The King is coming to an end!!!!

I don't know if I will make it a sequel (90% sure that I will) but it will be a while before you'll see the book appear. I would want at least 10 chapters ready to go before I release it. I'll let you guys know exactly which chapter is the end but hopefully, you guys have been happy with the wild rollercoaster I've put you on.

----------

Light raindrops hit the window as we packed our bags. The rain was a perfect tribute to today as it was time to leave New York. I was heartbroken to say goodbye. I saw everything I wanted to see, did everything I wanted to do, and had the most spectacular birthday possible, but I felt like it wasn't enough. We escaped reality in New York. There's no telling what awaits me back in Milian.

We were packed and checked out the penthouse before noon. We stopped to grabbed breakfast before heading to the airport. Of course, Dominic cancelled all of our flights back and ordered us the private jet we took when we arrived in New York, another incredibly sweet gesture.

There was an odd silence on the ride to the airport after breakfast. No one wanted to speak. Everyone had some worry in their minds occupying their time. Juliana had Damon and his antics to deal with, Bambina was sad to leave her new boy toy in New York, and I know Dominic is concerned about us going our separate ways. I couldn't deny that I am afraid too. We lived in a beautiful bliss bubble for the last few days. We were madly in love in New York. To re-enter reality; we can be letting in all of our old problems again. I closed my eyes and took in a long calming breath. No more letting possibilities control my future. If we want this to work, we will make it work.

I sat beside Dominic at the front of the plane while Juliana and Bambina sat at the back.

"Thank you for flying us home."

"No problem."

"Are we going to talk about how we are going to do this?"

"Not right now."

If not, now, when?

I didn't push Dominic further. I sat back in the comfortable reclining seat and enjoyed the flight.

When my eyes reopened, the sun was gone and replaced with dark, clear skies. The pilot had already docked the plane and was chatting with the stewardess on the private tarmac. I looked out the window to see two cars waiting for us with some of Dominic's guards. Dominic grabbed my hand and led me off the plane; Juliana and Bambina followed.

Once we got to the cars, Dominic chatted with the guards and allowed them to fetch our luggage off the plane. All the girls' luggage was placed in one car, and Dominic had some guards drive them home separately. I gave each of them a kiss and thanked them for the fantastic trip. We waited until their cars pulled away before entering our own. I've grown tired and restless of the quietness. There are pressing matters to discuss, and we're both avoiding the situation.

"Dominic, we need to talk about this. We can't ignore the topic any longer. We're home; the trip is over. Reality is setting in." I spoke.

"I know."

"So... What are we going to do? Why are you still here? Isn't the plane going to take you Genoa?"